🥇 BANNER Mega Ring this time around ! Whydah & Casper Simply put WOW !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hooked up with Casper early this morning at a Public Beach, that we both have hit in the past. I haven't been there since this past February, and Casper has been there once I think this year. We shared our story finds of the area as usual... He has had his nice share of Gold at this site, with a few diamonds in the mix...I had yet to see any diamonds from this beach, till today that is...:) I had mentioned that My son,Dad & myself had found Gold at this beach over this past Winter, in the high, and dry sand, after a small storm we had. We were pumped, and couldn't get suited up fast enough... Casper headed for the depths of the pounding waves, and as I was in about thigh deep water, heading for the deep water,I got that all familier low tone we all love to hear.... BANG ! first signal of the day, was GOLD, and five HUGE diamonds rite on top of this baby, staring back at me in the bottom of the scoop was one of my best finds in over 40 + years of detecting... I couldn't wave Casper back into the low water fast enough to show it to him.... He asked if it was Gold, I said oh ya, its marked 14 K ... I have to get it appraised at the local jeweler this week. The diamonds are testing possitive.... Yay....... I am thinking that there is around 2 1/2 to 3 carats of diamonds... we will have to see. Casper managed a beutiful sterling ring, with a very nice red stone. I also managed a toe ring that tested sterling... not much coins today... Wow what a hunt and we are both beat up from the heavy surf today... Happy Hunting and thanks for looking Hunt 2 (2).JPG Hunt 2 (7).JPG Hunt 2 (13).JPG Hunt 2 (14).JPG

Upvote 7

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply Awesome and you both worked for your finds though to anyone new to detecting it would sound like it was so easy. But then there is the equipment costs as well as all the time in the past that you've put into detecting to learn the machines, the sounds and all the learning it takes to come up with finds like you two pulled out of the surf. Speaking of machines could you please indicate the machine you were using?..........thank you and good success.......63bkpkr

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that is a nice ring - wtg. can wait to see appraisal!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! A ring like that!!! and only 6 replies!?! What's it take? ;)

Excellent find!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats buddy !!!
I got a 1 carat solitaire from this spot years ago - so not surprised one like this came outta there :thumb_up:
especially cause "we" know the cheapest house in the area is $500,000
like you've said to me before "If I didnt get ...glad a friend did" :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
WOW! A ring like that!!! and only 6 replies!?! What's it take? ;)

Excellent find!
It is also posted in the beach and water section...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats buddy !!!
I got a 1 carat solitaire from this spot years ago - so not surprised one like this came outta there :thumb_up:
especially cause "we" know the cheapest house in the area is $500,000
like you've said to me before "If I didnt get ...glad a friend did" :icon_thumleft:

Thanks to you Casper, It sure is a find of a lifetime... we should be hunting today....

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one gets a banner nod from me. Awesome find. Poor soul who lost this one!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually - he did not have to work for this one
all sand beach - no rocks or heavy shells -
no old stuff - just recent drops - he walked in right where I told him i have done real good over the
years - I headed out deeper - cause i know tons of guys that hit the shallows
we were hoping for some fresh drops
he was only in the water I think 5-10 mins. when he got it
about 2 hrs before low tide and in about knee deep
at low tide - this would have been in the wet sand
some times they come hard - some times they come easy
I wish I had found it - but as long as one of us got it :tongue3:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I am not to much into hunting jewelry, but that ring could easily get me into it. Really a nice find.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
actually - he did not have to work for this one
all sand beach - no rocks or heavy shells -
no old stuff - just recent drops - he walked in right where I told him i have done real good over the
years - I headed out deeper - cause i know tons of guys that hit the shallows
we were hoping for some fresh drops
he was only in the water I think 5-10 mins. when he got it
about 2 hrs before low tide and in about knee deep
at low tide - this would have been in the wet sand
some times they come hard - some times they come easy
I wish I had found it - but as long as one of us got it :tongue3:

I have done a lot of walking and talking lately...... I was overdue......:) Thanks again Casper..... I have been to that beach only a handfull of times... but never out deep.... Got the signal in Knee deep / Thigh deep water..... I actually thought it was a pull tab..... DIG everything.... Happy Hunting

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
" Better pics of my MEGA RING find of a lifetime "

As all of you now know by now, Sunday I made one of the best finds in my detecting career. Sunday was as normal as usual, Casper and I hooked up for one of our usual water hunts. I could see when we got there it was going to be tough going. The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing, and it was still early. Casper made a B-line to the open depths as usual, and I lingered closer to the shallows... slowly making my way out deeper, when suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, whith a very LOW growel.... sweet sounds were coming into my headphones . This was the very first target of the day....Staring at me in the bottom of my scoop, was this beutiful, 14 K ring with - 5 diamonds in it... we both agree, Closeups (1).JPG Closeups (2).JPG Closeups (3).JPG Closeups (4).JPG fixed two (2).JPG fixed two (3).JPG fixed two (4).JPG fixed two (5).JPG fixed two (6).JPG fixed two (8).JPG fixed two (9).JPG fixed two (10).JPG fixed two (11).JPG fixed two (12).JPG fixed two (13).JPG fixed two (15).JPG that it may total somewhere around 2 1/2 carats in ice... give or take a little... what ever it turns out to be, it sure is a prety little thing... Wow what a way to start it all off. I couldn't get over to Casper fast enough to show it to him.. Here are a few newer pictures... I actually thought it was a pull tab.... DIG everything...... :)

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Oh wow, what a sweet find! Congratulation on a find of a lifetime.
Beautiful looking ring

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
" Better pics of my MEGA RING find of a lifetime "

As all of you now know by now, Sunday I made one of the best finds in my detecting career. Sunday was as normal as usual, Casper and I hooked up for one of our usual water hunts. I could see when we got there it was going to be tough going. The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing, and it was still early. Casper made a B-line to the open depths as usual, and I lingered closer to the shallows... slowly making my way out deeper, when suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, whith a very LOW growel.... sweet sounds were coming into my headphones . This was the very first target of the day....Staring at me in the bottom of my scoop, was this beutiful, 14 K ring with - 5 diamonds in it... we both agree,that it may total somewhere around 2 1/2 carats in ice... give or take a little... what ever it turns out to be, it sure is a prety little thing... Wow what a way to start it all off. I couldn't get over to Casper fast enough to show it to him.. Here are a few newer pictures... I actually thought it was a pull tab.... DIG everything......
smiley.gif
Closeups (1).JPG Closeups (2).JPG Closeups (3).JPG Closeups (4).JPG fixed two (2).JPG fixed two (3).JPG fixed two (4).JPG fixed two (5).JPG fixed two (6).JPG fixed two (8).JPG fixed two (9).JPG fixed two (10).JPG fixed two (11).JPG fixed two (12).JPG fixed two (13).JPG fixed two (15).JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread