Double Headed Eagle/Masonic Coin

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this coin/token. Features a double headed eagle, prevalent in Masonic symbolism. Some of the legends read(I think): "...CHAPTER ROSE CROIX?...(on the eagle side) and then "CEDAR RAPIDS IA" (where it was found by the way) on the other which is scarcely readable. '32' can be made out within the triangle on the eagle's breast. The rest of the legends I can't read at all. I don't know if there is a date. My question is...do I dare remove the 'crust' from it? I am afraid that if I do that then the coin's detail will be hardly visible underneath, as it seems that the crust is providing relief that makes it somewhat readable. What do I do now? Also, the photo might not show it but it is bent up pretty bad like a potato chip.

Any idea is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOPS! I explained the legends for the wrong sides, no matter...it's all on there whichever side is which!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you're right! It is the nearly the same coin shown in your link. There are a few sleight differences however. I hadn't tried to locate an existing duplicate yet, but thanks for finding it. I cleaned it up a bit, turned out better than expected, rough looking but legible.

I'm off to find something else now, hope it is something good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread