Civil War artillery shells, snakes and more...

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my latest finds. I'm now up to 31 Civil War artillery shells for the season. It's been a good one...

DSCN3379.JPG

Here is a neat little automatic...

DSCN3385.JPG

I saw this snake crawl up the bank with a little catfish in his mouth.

P7260012.JPG

Here is a pile of modern tokens I found today. I have a Facebook friend that found @ 1300 of them a few days ago. We don't hunt together and live hours apart, but I stumbled upon the exact spot he was digging. Quite the coincidence...

DSCN3376.JPG

Last but not least. Ever wonder where all of those toilet flushes end up? Here are about 50,000. Yummy....

P7260015.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Beau. We had a well drilled in the first home I bought. It was about 100 feet downhill from my septic field. I asked the well driller about it and he said once water filters through about 50 feet or so of soil, it's "clean." Of course the local health inspector had to sign off on the location, so I assume it was ok.

100 feet is a common standard. They say in a properly working septic field, the water is "clean" and pathogens killed within 18 inches if migrating through the soil. Just as long as the septic installers put it in properly, you're good to go.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of snake is that? Doesn't look like the copperheads we have up here in PA

I do believe it is a Banded Water Snake. If you look at its pupils, they are round like a persons. Copperheads have slits like cats. I don't think copperheads like living in the water too much.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the breakdown on your artillery shell finds?
And when is the book coming out?
You have a killer couple of years, hope to see many more!
Carl

Thanks Carl... I haven't tallied them up lately and they are spread out in various states of preservation. Once things slow down I'll get them together and a group shot and breakdown for ya. Thanks... Beau

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yup right there on the monacacy! Where do you metal detect around here?

I don't get over that way much. But I was on the Monocacy today shooting a little Youtube video on the pollution the Lafarge quarry is dumping in the river.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff as always! I love the pistol, I'm pretty sure it's a Model 1908 Colt Pocket .25.

Agreed. Thought it was one of those Rohm RG2 starter pistols at first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread