Wife scores with Ace 350, I hang head in shame with AT Pro...

Schemp

Apr 11, 2011
Milwaukee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Ace 350
Today me and wife went back to the same spot last week where we got all the clad and the Silver Quarter and silver ring. Today things took a twist to say the least. I was not finding anything....was starting to wonder if the AT Pro just does not like my new rechargeable batts. We spent about 4 hours out there today, and are thinking of going back one more time.

I dug up a total of 49 cents today and a Milwaukee Police button. Not in the greatest shape but still cool. I am still learning my AT Pro, and thats the excuse im sticking with :)

She on the other hand, dug up 7 cents and a 1935 Mercury Dime, and a friggin 1868 Shield Nickle! It needs to be cleaned because it was hard to figure out what it was until you washed the dirt off and put it under a lighted magnifying glass. It seems to have been in the ground long enough that all the features of the coin are there and not so worn, but it has this weird green stuff on it that makes the coin hard to read by normal means. It actually looks like once its cleaned up, itll look quite presentable.

Shes totally excited and im happy for her. Still in shock I was shown up today by her and her Ace 350.

Id post pics, but the coins are all really bad and I still haven't cleaned the shield nickle yet.

Should I just throw the nickle in the tumbler?

Upvote 2

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart man Schemp..."letting" the wife out hunt you. Your're learning well. lol

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tumbler would clean it up nicely but it would take a lot of the metal too. It would be a mistake to do that. I know from doing it myself back in the 70's, lol... someone on here will be able to give you some great advice to clean it up. Nice finds!

DANGLANGLEY

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart man Schemp..."letting" the wife out hunt you. Your're learning well. lol

Good advice! If the wife is happy, then you are allowed to be happy. Works around my house. Keep hunting, you will show her up one day.:laughing7:

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Hold on there.....it sounds like the "wife" kicked butt today. We women are quite intuitive with hunting. There is not a lot of us; however, we tend to be very productive!!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up on the AT-Pro. Once you learn it you will far outshine her.
Be patient my friend. If you take the time to learn it you will be digging less trash and more valuable finds in no time.
For now run it in Pro mode and dig everything till you know what it is telling you.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 350 vs. AT Pro. That's me vs. NJLargeCent. Honestly, I think it has less to do with the machine and more with where you are, your precision to grid, and the time you put into it. Some days I and my 350 outshine NJLargeCent and his AT Pro, and sometimes it's the other way around. I found my 1857 Flying Eagle penny in an area he was previously but not gridding; he found 2 Indians and a Buffalo in an area I gave up on. I'm sure his AT Pro would have picked up the penny signal if he swiped over it, and I know my 350 heard all the junk that his AT Pro did, but I was too lazy and frustrated to pursue potentially good targets. That being said, intuition and information on where most traffic on the property used to be is definitely helpful. You want to search the spots that have a higher potential. But, you never know. I think the real prize here is that it's something you guys can do together. My wife thinks I'm completely insane for wanting to do something for 8-9 hours straight. You gotta put in the time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread