Trashiest place on earth

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission today to hunt a very old home. It was built in the early 1800's and is in a very isolated area so was really excited to finally get the OK on the old home along with several hundred acres on the TN river. Supposed to be several old home sites on the rest of the property. The old road that used to be the main way in has had the bridge out for decades. It is part of the town of Washington but have to really side track and hike in to get to it. It has to be the trashiest place I have ever tried to hunt. Apparently it was the place to party for quite a few years. It was occupied until around 30 years ago and I think they lined the yard in pull tabs for Christmas. The original 2 story log portion is still standing but most of the additions are starting to fall in. Tin everywhere and a grown up mess but still huntable in areas. It is truly hard to believe how much trash, but the history of the old home is gonna keep me digging. :BangHead:Several prominent people occupied the home in the 1800's. Took me a little while to find it and only got to hunt for about one hour. Couple of wheats and memorials were the only coins. Also got a brass lock and an old face plate off a door lock. I am going to carry in a 5 gallon bucket and just start picking up what I can and try to dig the surface trash out. Guess it will be a great place to go when nothing else is on the hit list. Would love to take a dozer in and just skin off the surface ( not kidding ). Gonna have to find a hunting buddy who is ambitious...ha ha.:tongue3:

Upvote 0

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a shame-since it is such a large area, maybe you will find some relatively "clean" spots.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to take a dozer in and just skin off the surface ( not kidding ). Gonna have to find a hunting buddy who is ambitious...ha ha.:tongue3:

Well, ya know, skimming off the top will take all those 20 dollar gold pieces that are sitting on top or just under a piece of trash. ;)

I would truly LOVE to find a large place to hunt, especially one that hasn't been hunted before AND be that old! I could spend the rest of my life in a place like that, with maybe one or two side trips. I'd be set for life.

HH!

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NJ, do i get the prize lol

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND.....Load up and head to TN we will make a Hillbilly out of ya.......where ya from. For some reason could not send ya a PM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread