[BANNER] At another undisclosed spot in the Western United States - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: At another undisclosed spot in the Western United States

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2010
    PA
    TEKNETICS T2 SE TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up) MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2, WHITES MX SPORT
    503 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Amazing finds!!!

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2869 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Grest digs PB and congrats on a well derserved BANNER!! HH, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
    348 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You definitely deserved the banner! CONGRATS on an awesome hunt.

HH,
    Anita
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    Apr 2012
    locust grove oklahoma
    White dfx and xlt
    6 times
    Banner
    Whites dfx and xlt Treasure hunting mding ,catch hunting , arrowhead hunting ,garage sale hitting, Finds of 2012 mding 6 gold rings 3 silver quarter 1896,1915 ,1956, dimes 12 silver , Gold rings 6 3 14k 1 22k 2 10k .

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    2049 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Fantastic Civil War finds! Congratulations on making the banner and for finding these great artifacts! Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    2421 times
    Scholar
    Finds2019
    Coins usables=0
    Silver= 0 pieces
    Gold= Nothing

us
    Mar 2011
    16 times
    Congrats on the amazing finds. However...
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    My thanks to all. Now lets get back out there and rescue more of our history.

Rescuing a piece of history; not THE history. So many of you guys are so hung up on not revealing your spots that you leave the history OUT when you come here and post your finds. While I WHOLLY agree in protecting your sites - to give us NOTHING, in regards to THE HISTORY, is truly a disservice in my opinion. There are plenty of ways that hunters can give some historic details and still stay VERY safe.

I'm interested in hearing at least a sanitized variation of the story that led you to where you are. To me, that's as interesting as the find itself. Enjoy the relics all you want; I want to enjoy the story of the history. That's a big reason I like to surf this forum. The history is what brings me back as much as the relic of history.

I mean, what are the possible reasons there were three buckles in one hole? What is the general story of the local tale? Location isn't what I want to hear... I wanna hear the Americana part!

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.
    Last edited by NewsMan; Sep 02, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5458 times
    Prospecting
    Great finds--nicely done!!

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Jul 2010
    Michigan
    2 Garrett AT Pro
    161 times
    Awesome find Papa Bear , you did the home work and it paid off Congrats and Good Hunting......
    ROB

us
    Feb 2012
    Mid-Tenn
    XLT
    552 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsMan View Post

Rescuing a piece of history; not THE history. So many of you guys are so hung up on not revealing your spots that you leave the history OUT when you come here and post your finds. While I WHOLLY agree in protecting your sites - to give us NOTHING, in regards to THE HISTORY, is truly a disservice in my opinion. There are plenty of ways that hunters can give some historic details and still stay VERY safe.

I'm interested in hearing at least a sanitized variation of the story that led you to where you are. To me, that's as interesting as the find itself. Enjoy the relics all you want; I want to enjoy the story of the history. That's a big reason I like to surf this forum. The history is what brings me back as much as the relic of history.

I mean, what are the possible reasons there were three buckles in one hole? What is the general story of the local tale? Location isn't what I want to hear... I wanna hear the Americana part!

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.
    Well do you think the man that put them in that hole put it on paper, not me but 150 year later papbear got his MD and took the time to hunt, And now he got them.
    I have a book that has most all the spots I have pulled history out of and one day some one will know all the spot. Most of us that dig the artifacts do it to be part of that history.
    There are books out there for the ones that just need to read about it, but the Relic hunter is a historian if he put more in to it then just digging it up. And that's just me I can't know how some fell, but I do know how I fell! But there was a Civil War here and now we are looking for the artifact of that (WAR) Get you a book and read. I put my artifact out two or there times a year in the Public Libray for all to see and talk to any one that will seat for a short or in my case a long time. Hope to see you there. And I will get in my truck and go hunting this week and hope that I will find a Artifact and the truck will be a Ford.
    Tnmountains likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Water Wonderland
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
    24 times
    Metal Detecting
    Outstanding!

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2775 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsMan View Post

Keep up the good work!

Just my .02.
    What you need to understand is the guys that consistently fing great artifacts dont just get lucky and happen on to them.They come from long hours of research,which leads them to where the great finds likely will be.....so when one starts giving out juicy details to tell a great story you are just making a short cut for the forum trolls to go fence jump your site....kind of what has happened to Papabear.This is why I not only dont tell stories,but dont post finds!
    MonkeyBoy likes this.
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Feb 2006
    Rio Grande Valley (Pharr), TX
    Fisher F4 Garrett pro-pointer
    39 times
    Woo hoo!! Way to go! I'd love to find something like that.

us
    Aug 2012
    NJ
    Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
    111 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's amazing, Congratulations, Banner for sure!!!.........Good luck on the return hunt!!!

HH
    Eddie

us
    Mar 2011
    Excal II, Ace 250
    127 times
    You made a great bunch of historical finds! Congratulations on the accomplishment and on the well deserved banner nomination!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links