Money Mafias Relic Day

D

doyboy

Money Mafia's Relic Day

Well, last night, the 3 elite members of Money Mafia (RP aka Paco, Zoyboy, and myself) decided to have a club meeting at the local Starbucks. The meeting lasted for about 2 hours! There also was a lot of spastic "spazzes" during most of that time. After those 2 hours were over, we had finally made our choice on what was going to happen today. Our decision was to do some relic hunting.

So, we decided to head to the 1700s fort site. We detected the freshly harvested field behind the fort for about 4 hours. At the end of the day, we were all satisfied with our recoveries.

My finds:
- 3 late 1700s-early 1800s bullets (One of them is a 2-ringer) PBK - what could you tell me about these bullets?
- 1 1700s musketball
- 1 late 1700s-early 1800s button (It's the size of a half dime); the shank is still present.

Zoy's finds:
- 3 1700s musketballs

Paco's finds with his DD coil:
- 4 1700s musketballs

I think Money Mafia did just fine in the relic category. We are going to become great relic hunters!

Attachments

• Relic day.jpg
    Relic day.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Re: Money Mafia's Relic Day

One roundball for sure. The three on the right could be CW era Minie Balls, although I've never seen a wadcutter style Minie. Calipers time! Measurements will help. Could there ever have been a CW re-enactment in the area? Great finds, keep on searching.

Tourezrick

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

The 3rd from left looks like a .36 or .45 colt (can't tell without calipers). The other two are more modern wad cutter type bullets.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

Good work. I think most of those bullets are newer than 1700. 1700's would have only have been round balls. usually pretty large in size. Should be some old stuff there though if there was a fort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread