Nothing exciting but Im getting better

bossbear

Aug 26, 2012
This is my third day out with my ace 250. Day one was mainly nails and huge hunks of metal junk. Day two was mostly cans and pull tabs. Today i threw out my wedding band and some change and really got a feel of what coins sound and feel like and after about 45 mins I was only pulling up coins, no junk!

My pro pointer came today too so it was my first time with it. What a difference!

Attachments

• image-1574919963.jpg
    image-1574919963.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 2

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Excellent job and progression. You're gonna do fine in this hobby!

Congrats and keep up the good work.

HH!

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Try to keep a positive attitude and hit the areas you're detecting hard. Dig iffy signals too, sometimes there can be trash in the hole along with a nice coin.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick learner-good for you (I on the other hand was a very slow learner 'til I found TN : )

Good Luck next time you head out!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
You did real well for a first timer and you seem to have caught on to some of your natural ability for figuring out how to better utilize that piece of equipment....that's a good sign.

Just figure out what works best for you. Set yourself up an area in a part of your yard somewhere private and throw down some coins, pull-tabs, rings (fake/real), various metal objects etc. You'll have a place to practice and become better acquainted with your equipment before you go out.
Remember the more you use that detector(like anything else) the better and easier it gets in understanding it when you go out on your hunts. Just have fun because that's what detecting is all about. "Good luck" and "Be Safe".

Spitfire55

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm brand new to the hobby, too, and you're already way ahead of me! When explaining to my daughters how to use the detector, I told them it was kind of like listening to them when they were babies. You learn the cries. The hungry cry. The "I'm tired" cry. The "I'm overwhelmed" cry. We all had a good laugh, but it drove the point home. Practice makes perfect!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Everyone has to learn their detector. Anyone who tells you different is kidding with you. If you are digging those coins now, OLD silver is in your future too. HH, Quindy.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Try to keep a positive attitude and hit the areas you're detecting hard. Dig iffy signals too, sometimes there can be trash in the hole along with a nice coin.

Very true I found my first wheat layin in a hole with some trash.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! It only gets better and more addicting. I look forward to reading your future post.

Woodsman99

Aug 3, 2011
Ontario
Doing great. If you have not already checked out Youtube for tricks on the propointer there is some great info there. Heres one on how to use to zero in on a target
Also do a YTube search for propointer tuning which gives some other tips

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread