Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Who says nice girls don't hang out on street corners?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2009
    Oklahoma
    Garrett ace 250
    119 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Who says nice girls don't hang out on street corners?

Street corners are quickly becoming my favorite place to hang out.

Yesterday I thought I might try out a new place, just for a change of scenery. I went to a different little town here in Oklahoma. Drove around a bit and came across a corner lot where there were two sets of old steps from the sidewalk up to the yard, but no house. It is right across from an old school and one block off the main street. I decided this is where we'll start. I tell you, this was the most fun I've had MDing. Kids always come up and talk to me, but yesterday I had people stopping left and right. I know I know you want to know about the gold...its anticlimactic.

Clark stopped first, older man (every bit of 75) live there since 1955. He gave me some new leads. told me about the people that lived in the big houses in town, where the trolley used to run, and about a former indian boarding school near my old spot. Then the lady who used to live in the house before it was torn down stopped by and told us that they still own the property and that we were more than welcome to go up into the yard..."someone might as well have some fun and get some use out of it" were her exact words. Lastly AND leastly was the guy who stopped and asked what I was doing and when I told him he snickered and rolled his eyes. I just smiled and moved on...I'd already found the gold.

So yeah, anticlimactic. Same as the rest of you, beep, penny...beep, can slaw...boop, holy $%^t, its gotta be fake, nope. 14K All 8 grams of it. Kept at it for awhile found more change and after talking with the woman, ventured into the yard and found the pretty little lady. I had to take her picture in negative format so I could try to get some of the detail of her face. Does anyone know what she is off of; bracelet, belt, or? Also a few wheaties and more trash.

Decided it was time to break for lunch. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I got in the car. Yay, veggie pizza and a salad.

Hit the park across the street, I actually hate parks. They are huge and full of trash, but I may rethink that a bit. first around an old tree near the entrance, I found some kids life savings either that or a guy who carries a lot of change took a nap there. Moved on a bit and found a 1951 50 Franc piece, she only worth like 1.25, but I think she's beautiful and her pet rooster is on the back, so maybe we'll just keep her around.

All in all my gas rebate was 2.04
    The ring sold this morning for 216 in scrap gold

One last thing and I will move on. I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd

Anywho, Have a great day ladies and gentlemen and HH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120915_095622.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	676248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120915_101613.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	676249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120915_102346.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	507.3 KB 
ID:	676250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120915_102411.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	676251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120915_100328.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	676252  

Last edited by BixbyTreasure; Sep 16, 2012 at 01:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1065 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Really nice finds and you seem to have a lot of new promising leads. Fantastic. I was gonna say something rude like HOOK-EM-HORNS, but then you'd say something about all the Austin girls that really hang out on street corners and I couldn't disagree with that so I'll just shut up now.

us
    Mar 2009
    Oklahoma
    Garrett ace 250
    119 times
    Well, HOOK-EM-HORNS. hahaha

Feb 2008
    6 times
    That was a nice story! The kind I like to read about!

us
    Aug 2012
    Central Illinois
    Garrett AT Pro
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BixbyTreasure View Post
    I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd
    The last three times out I have found a large tablespoon, sites miles apart. Each time they have been totally flat, like they were made that way, flat as a piece of paper. Yes, odd.
    Last edited by mrmackin; Sep 19, 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Oct 2005
    eldridge, missouri
    32 times
    HH.....
    Last edited by gregd573; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Oct 2005
    eldridge, missouri
    32 times
    Nice finds... there's nothing like a day with found gold in it....HH

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    494 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Awesome find on the ring bixby, I find alot of shotgun shells at the beach, almost every time I go, and of corse fishing weights, this spring I cashed in 100 lbs. happy hunting.

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    978 times
    your 'pretty lady' is probably part of a necklace. it is fashioned to look like a repousse punch coin, a process that was popular in the late 1910's to punch coins with an image of Lady Liberty coming out of the coin in 3D. some forum members here have found repousse punched coins. it is hard to date however, because the process is still alive today and the dies are still available for purchase and they look just like the old ones.
    BixbyTreasure likes this.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    627 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    with the date of the old house likely a old bit of a peice of jewelry --the pushed out face "coinage" as jeweley was highly popular from early 1900 to 1930's era --while it is still done * --its not as popular a item as it once was --good chances its from the 1910 to 1940 era --pre WW2
    Last edited by ivan salis; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

lost hunter
    Nice finds

us
    Started detecting sep.2010

Jan 2007
    Mass
    Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
    147 times
    Metal Detecting
    Awesome finds! So,2 grams of gold is going for $50.00 in scrap..It's only gonna go higher baby!

us
    Jun 2012
    Rose Hill, KS
    Garrett Ace 250 with 8 x 11 DD, Garrett PP, Lesche Digging tool, Sampson shovel
    19 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice finds and just my opinion you should start a blog. It would be very interesting I bet..
    BixbyTreasure likes this.

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    446 times
    You go my friend, Cool ring, As far as the lady goes hmmmm..... not sure she's a looker though! With out a size reference it's hard to tell
    maybe a bracelet of some type.. HH

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    Feb 2012
    Mid-Tenn
    XLT
    396 times
    Relic Hunting
    God stuff in the corner lots. The ring is very nice! I always find at old house sites, brass off the doors gets me fired up then pop more door parts.

Keep digging HH

us
    Jul 2006
    All over Texas
    Team Tesoro
    580 times
    Wow, sounds like a fun hunt, and an awesome gold ring to boot! Be careful though, old homesites can be addicting and therapy dosen't help. Enjoy the obsession and HH.

P.S. Ya wanna know what I find almost every time I hunt an old home site?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6140.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	676343  
    Last edited by thrillathahunt; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Chug And Red and bethisa2j like this.

The stuff that dreams are made of.

us
    Feb 2012
    Mid-Tenn
    XLT
    396 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillathahunt View Post
    Wow, sounds like a fun hunt, and an awesome gold ring to boot! Be careful though, old homesites can be addicting and therapy dosen't help. Enjoy the obsession and HH.

P.S. Ya wanna know what I find almost every time I hunt an old home site?

Hey you been at my house? lol Looks just like that and they will keep you going back. HH

us
    Jul 2006
    Shelbyville, Tn.
    47 times
    great finds great story
    Garrett "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

us
    Sep 2012
    Souteast Missouri
    Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
    33 times
    Awesome

Nov 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
    219 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I've always said that nice girls hang out at street corners!
    Carl
    Sweet finds, by the way!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors