Who says nice girls dont hang out on street corners?

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says nice girls don't hang out on street corners?

Street corners are quickly becoming my favorite place to hang out. :)

Yesterday I thought I might try out a new place, just for a change of scenery. I went to a different little town here in Oklahoma. Drove around a bit and came across a corner lot where there were two sets of old steps from the sidewalk up to the yard, but no house. It is right across from an old school and one block off the main street. I decided this is where we'll start. I tell you, this was the most fun I've had MDing. Kids always come up and talk to me, but yesterday I had people stopping left and right. I know I know you want to know about the gold...its anticlimactic.

Clark stopped first, older man (every bit of 75) live there since 1955. He gave me some new leads. told me about the people that lived in the big houses in town, where the trolley used to run, and about a former indian boarding school near my old spot. Then the lady who used to live in the house before it was torn down stopped by and told us that they still own the property and that we were more than welcome to go up into the yard..."someone might as well have some fun and get some use out of it" were her exact words. Lastly AND leastly was the guy who stopped and asked what I was doing and when I told him he snickered and rolled his eyes. I just smiled and moved on...I'd already found the gold.

So yeah, anticlimactic. Same as the rest of you, beep, penny...beep, can slaw...boop, holy $%^t, its gotta be fake, nope. 14K All 8 grams of it. Kept at it for awhile found more change and after talking with the woman, ventured into the yard and found the pretty little lady. I had to take her picture in negative format so I could try to get some of the detail of her face. Does anyone know what she is off of; bracelet, belt, or? Also a few wheaties and more trash.

Decided it was time to break for lunch. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I got in the car. Yay, veggie pizza and a salad.

Hit the park across the street, I actually hate parks. They are huge and full of trash, but I may rethink that a bit. first around an old tree near the entrance, I found some kids life savings either that or a guy who carries a lot of change took a nap there. Moved on a bit and found a 1951 50 Franc piece, she only worth like 1.25, but I think she's beautiful and her pet rooster is on the back, so maybe we'll just keep her around.

All in all my gas rebate was 2.04
The ring sold this morning for 216 in scrap gold

One last thing and I will move on. I'd like you guys to tell me what you always seem to find at least one of. It seems that every time I go out I find a drain trap (like for the shower) yesterday's was in the park, a pencil eraser, and a hot wheel door (yesterday's was blue). Odd

Anywho, Have a great day ladies and gentlemen and HH

Attachments

• IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    IMG_20120915_095622.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    IMG_20120915_101613.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102346.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    IMG_20120915_102411.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    IMG_20120915_100328.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Upvote 11

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bixby I found a lady coin sort of like yours , only mine was the top of a ring 1914 barber dime made into pushed out lady's face, found at the beach after a storm 5 or 6 years ago.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another member told me its called Repousse and if it looks like mine it is lady liberty. I found some others online.

coinflip

Greenie
Sep 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If she was rambling on & on about detecting, they would not be my ex, or did you get nagged.

Thats a classic bait and switch scenario, from the social behavior perspective
they use things like "I like football"to bait us.... then switch

and although its fun at first, who really wants to do the football thing with their girl, in time we will ditch them and hang out with the guys.Sometimes this is cool if you are on the casully seeing eachother , hang out and have fun level of being mature about things, but doesnt usually last.

what I meant it was kidna "cute" that she rambles on and on in her initial post, like women do and reminded me of an ex, thats all

Last edited:
OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ok coinflip, I don't like having to share my finds and if I were a guy, I'd hate to have my girl gloat when her team beat my team's butt too. No hard feelings.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,,Awesome story & great finds also love that 9 grams of Gold you've done well I would go back & sweet talk that town, how could anyone resist such a pretty gal like you :-) ,,HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kiana7 said:
WTG,,Awesome story & great finds also love that 9 grams of Gold you've done well I would go back & sweet talk that town, how could anyone resist such a pretty gal like you :-) ,,HH

Oh Yes, I seem to attract Hot Wheels , pretty soon I'll have my own car lot :-)

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well you made me go to a corner lot to day I posted it as a tale of three ladies.
And I got some good stuff there look at the pics that I put up today had a blast. you got me thinking.
Thanks and HH.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ok coinflip, I don't like having to share my finds and if I were a guy, I'd hate to have my girl gloat when her team beat my team's butt too. No hard feelings.

Ha! Well, if us guys are so touchy (not to mention thinking football is more important than their gal), the priorities are backwards.

coinflip

Greenie
Sep 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
most guys just have to try :/ , others do what they really want to do even if that includes not spending every minute with their women ;) The most important person in a relationship is you.

Bixbytreasure: her gloating makes it fun! :p but even more to see her try ;) and I always admire their tenacity, its sexy

Last edited:

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing...very amusing and also very impressive. I am loving this new hobby as well!!! Congrats!!8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread