Diamond Earring, Sterling - 8 charm bracelet

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello everyone!
I hope everyone in the States here and all the Yanks overseas had a great thanksgiving! I sure did, got together with the family and had just the best day!

It was a beautiful day today here in Michigan. The MD Gods were calling, "Get Out There, Get Out There", so I did. :). I had to work a couple hours but managed to hit a school by my work on the way home. Later in the day, I took a friend out detecting to show her the ropes, letting her use my detector, sitting back and watching after she got the hang of it. I have another detector just like my trusty old Garrett that I am going to clean up and let her borrow for a while until she decides if she wants to invest in a new machine. We might go again tomorrow too. But, judging by the digs we got, I would say she is hooked. I guess I have some competition in the schoolyards :).

It was a good day with a couple really nice keepers, a pile of clad, and some interesting trinket pieces. A total of 3 hours hunt time all together. Found $8.55 in clad, 89 coins including another $1.00 Canada Looney and an interesting Yugoslavian coin about the size of a quarter. Other cool trinkets were a turtle broach thingy, a Mother Mary see through pendant (I put a piece of white paper on the back side in the photo so you could see the hologram inside), and two medals, one for Chess-1st place 12th grade, and a Reading Olympics gold medal.

Nov 25 finds.jpg

Now the real goodies, and they were extra good today. At the first school, I scored a beautiful Diamond Earring in the woodchips by one of the swings. The hallmark says L1 14K and the diamond is about 1/4 carat. I guess "L1" must stand for the quality of the diamond? and 14k obviously the gold. "Swing"!

diamond earring.jpg
diamond earring1.jpg

While detecting at the second school we found a really nice Sterling Charm bracelet with 8 sterling charms on it. They are all hallmarked 925, Sterling, or Ster 925. All are local sightseeing sites, Michigan Cherries, Mackinac Island, Frankenmuth, Cedar Point, ETC. Some poor girl must be heart broke :( The clasp stretched and opened allowing the chain link to slide out and fall off.

925 charms1.jpg

It was quite a good day and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for around here. I hope you all have similar good fortune. Best of luck to all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Doo,
Congrats on a great hunt :)
See what happens when you share this hobby with a friend?..
...........the MDing Gods smile on you :)

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds!!!
Boy that is a super sweet charm bracelet, it's really nice.
Now as far as the diamond earing is concerned, I am in awe, it rocks.
You could have that diamond reset into a nice pinky ring for yourself.
All that and over $8 in clad, I want to hunt with you!!!!
Mucho Congratulations, you hit it real good.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
wow bob ,, ya done it again Mcgoo...lol... the bracelet is awesome,, the earring too....
don't teach her all your tricks though.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW - excellent digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Pretty good for a few hours. I want Darth! ;D

Thanksgiving was good other than someone calling the police on us and getting us kicked out of a school we have hunted dozens of times. We pretty much cleaned it out but it really bothers you when one person ruins it for the rest of us.

Bob

T

TreasureTales

Woowee, nice finds. The poor female who lost that bracelet, must have been many fond memories for her on that bracelet. Not to mention the expense. Oh well, one person's misfortune is a metal detectorist's good fortune!!! Nice job Boobydoo.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That's awesome taking out a friend and teaching her to MD. Plus letting her use a Metal detector for future digs.

LoL what can I say about the finds. YOu are the jewelry GOD. If its there you seem to find it.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Bdoo! Looks like a lot of fun was had and congrats on a nice day out! HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Glad you and the kids had a great Thanksgiving! What a great way to spend the afternoon and so glad that you were able to hunt with a friend! I bet once she saw that jewelry she was really hooked! Now you will have competition! LOL

Thos eare some really nice finds...especially the rings. WTG

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ashleen said:
Doo,
Congrats on a great hunt :)
See what happens when you share this hobby with a friend?..
...........the MDing Gods smile on you :)

Thanks a lot. :) The MD gods have been very good to me this year. Best of luck to you too Ashleen!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Johnny Cache Hunter said:
Fantastic finds!!!
Boy that is a super sweet charm bracelet, it's really nice.
Now as far as the diamond earing is concerned, I am in awe, it rocks.
You could have that diamond reset into a nice pinky ring for yourself.
All that and over $8 in clad, I want to hunt with you!!!!
Mucho Congratulations, you hit it real good.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

Thanks Johnny, appreciate the friendly commnet buddy. The earring is pretty nice, one of the nicer diamonds I have found this year. Great idea about the ring!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Green1 said:
wow bob ,, ya done it again Mcgoo...lol... the bracelet is awesome,, the earring too....
don't teach her all your tricks though.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the visit Rick! Well, we all know how difficult it is starting out in this hobby. She will have a lot to learn and go through so using my machine will be good to get her to a point where she can decide to make the investment in a new machine of her own. You can't teach instinct ;)

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
lonewolfe said:
WoW - excellent digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Hey, it's great to see you Lonewolfe! You were missed! Thanks for the read and comment. Se ya around here and there.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Mirage said:
Pretty good for a few hours. I want Darth! ;D

Thanksgiving was good other than someone calling the police on us and getting us kicked out of a school we have hunted dozens of times. We pretty much cleaned it out but it really bothers you when one person ruins it for the rest of us.

Bob

Hiya Bob! I guess "the force" was with me yesterday...lol.
That sucks about the police booting you guys. I am surprized that he did even if someone did call. Usually, they talk to you and decide that we are no threat to anyone. But if I was asked to leave a puplic schoolyard, i would leave as asked too. Take care buddy. See you around.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Snee said:
Very nice! :D
I love finding foreign money...even if it's just canadian pennies

Thanks Snee! I didn't even know I had dug the Yugo until I cleaned the coins as it is the exact sizr of a quarter. The looneys are cool. That's the 6th one I have dug this year.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
TreasureTales said:
Woowee, nice finds. The poor female who lost that bracelet, must have been many fond memories for her on that bracelet. Not to mention the expense. Oh well, one person's misfortune is a metal detectorist's good fortune!!! Nice job Boobydoo.

Appreciate the read and comment, thanks! I am tempted to try and return it but I also have thoughts of other things that might happen, like the school folks telling me not to detect there any more, so I am still debating it.

Smiles!
BDoo

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are some excellent, excellent finds Boobydoo!!!

Nice pile of clad and other stuff too, glad you had a great day.... ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Postalrevnant said:
That's awesome taking out a friend and teaching her to MD. Plus letting her use a Metal detector for future digs.

LoL what can I say about the finds. YOu are the jewelry GOD. If its there you seem to find it.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Thanks my friend!! I have been really fortunate this year and just seem to have good instincts on the good places to swing. Found the bracelet in the grassy area by the way as we went to a school where I had cleaned out the woodchips three weeks ago. I think I will be going back there too as there is a lot of ground to cover and it seems like a productive sight. There are huge houses all around the school, big bucks!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread