3rd time out with the E-trac brings Gold!!

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love reading about everyones finds here and wanted to share my latest!

I'm still very new to the etrac, I've read Andy’s book and watched countless vids. I ran everything of value that I could find in the house under the coil to get a sense of what the numbers and sounds are like. Even made a test garden with coins buried at different depths to get some real world numbers . All I can say is it's been worth every second because it gave me a good idea of just what to look for with great results.....

I decided to hit my yard once again tonight, and after finding a wheatie, I got a 12-11 hit at 3 inches. I hit all sides and it was pretty consistent. So I dig and reach in thinking clad nickel and my fingers went through what should've been the center of the coin. I start pulling on it and noticed it was attached to what I thought was a string (an earring with a feather came to mind) as I shine some of my pro pointer light on it I see the stone and it hits me....gold engagement ring!! What an awesome 15 minutes in the dark!! I wanted to clean it up so badly to read what probably said made in china on the inside, but I needed to get a few pics of it with this so called STRING still attached...lol So after cleaning her up, I look inside and there it was...10k. I'm not a jeweler so I have no idea if the stone is real or not, what do you guys think, does it look real to you??

This is my second gold ring this year (first was a thin 18k woman’s band 3 weeks back) and first nice find with the etrac. The funniest thing is I haven't found any silver yet since I started md'ing at all. But I find 2 gold rings, how in the world does that happen?? Not that I'm complaining 8-)

Guys there's nothing like the thrill of what your next find could be, absolutely love this hobby!!

Eddie

The grass must of kept it from sinking, I've owned my house for 8 years so it's been there at least that long.
CSC_0098.JPG
CSC_0101.JPG
CSC_0104.JPG
The stone is still pretty dirty, gotta try and clean it up some more, any suggestions from Tnets pros?
CSC_0106.JPG
Both Rings
CSC_0108.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough to make a guess on the stone. It's pretty big, which leans towards a guess it is a cz. bUT if its an older ring, could still be a diamond. Let us know what the jeweler says.

OP
OP
strateloss

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some good and bad news yesterday, the bad was the stone is CZ, oh well, I guess the 10k band should of hinted at that. The good is that I found my first silver since starting md'ing and even got a small spill with 3 '64 washingtons, that I posted in todays finds. Can't win em all :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread