Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All Readers,
I would like to to address an issue that I feel I may have caused yesterday, I read the post that mindcrimes 1988
posted and stated that under magnification it looked plated or painted.
I re-read my post a few minutes ago, And feel like an azz...... To myself it sounded like I was disbelieving of his find.
That was not my intention, I do not know enough about coins, especially to open my mouth.
If I came across like that I am truly sorry, especially to mindcrimes 1988. It was not meant that way.
Happy Hunting to All,
Greg

Upvote 4

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To All Readers,
I would like to to address an issue that I feel I may have caused yesterday, I read the post that mindcrimes 1988
posted and stated that under magnification it looked plated or painted.
I re-read my post a few minutes ago, And feel like an azz...... To myself it sounded like I was disbelieving of his find.
That was not my intention, I do not know enough about coins, especially to open my mouth.
If I came across like that I am truly sorry, especially to mindcrimes 1988. It was not meant that way.
Happy Hunting to All,
Greg

Gunrunner61,

I know you did not mean any harm by your comment. I am not a coin expert by any means either! If somebody points out an oddity that just does not look right, I accept and take into consideration everybody's comment(s) because maybe I did find a counterfeit. That was my first really old silver I have found so that is why I asked for any comments to better identify my find. I come to this forum because I value each & everybody's opinion! I appreciate the apology but I honestly did not think anything bad by it. :icon_thumleft:

carolinas

Apr 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thing about those old hammered coins is that they look so strange to us that it seems that they can't be real, though they are. It's just hard for us to fathom that something so old can look so sharp and legible - and throw in the fact that they are slightly irregular in size, etc. and it can be confusing. Before I started hunting in the UK I would have thought the same thing.

That is a beautiful coin.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is how a GOOD MAN makes things right. Nuff said.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread