Lost two years ago, tungsten wedding ring is found.

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This morning I went out to my buddies house to look for his wedding ring that he had lost two years ago. He had been packing grease in a trailer axle and had lost it with all the lubrication. My buddy had been in the doghouse with the wife ever since and when he heard I was into metal detecting he asked if I would look. The area to be hunted had been snowplowed over two winters so it was going to be challenging.

Anyway less than thirty minutes into it, at the edge of the driveway, I got a solid 66 on my G2. Needless to say my buddy is very happy now....He even offered to pay for gas but I said no, so he is going to secure some old home site properties for me to hunt instead..

Attachments

• Kyle with Ring medium.JPG
    Kyle with Ring medium.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Upvote 6

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great job! The scenery in the background would have been worth it for me!

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
i could see how that could happen, that bearing grease is pretty nasty stuff and slick too. packing bearings is my least favorite automotive job lol.

Great job

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to Go.....Like you I'd trade old home sites for cash any day!...............HH

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa Bear said:
This morning I went out to my buddies house to look for his wedding ring that he had lost two years ago. He had been packing grease in a trailer axle and had lost it with all the lubrication. My buddy had been in the doghouse with the wife ever since and when he heard I was into metal detecting he asked if I would look. The area to be hunted had been snowplowed over two winters so it was going to be challenging.

Anyway less than thirty minutes into it, at the edge of the driveway, I got a solid 66 on my G2. Needless to say my buddy is very happy now....He even offered to pay for gas but I said no, so he is going to secure some old home site properties for me to hunt instead..

Just for the scenery where are you or where was pic taken that view is awesome

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done~! Helping others is the Most important thing we can do.

Cheers,

Buck

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:award_star_bronze_2:award_star_bronze_2:silvermedalred: Gold stars and medals to you for your good deed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread