1911 City Park Finds hunted by two women who love detecting!

annak

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2011
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend (my next door neighbor) and I have been searching a city park for about a month now. So far the oldest coin I have found was a wheat penny dated 1942. I did find three other wheats but all dated 1953, plus one silver rosie dime dated 1953. I know the dirt has been moved around at some point since they added tennis courts and basketball courts so really thinking the older silver is too deep to find. I am learning the number thing on my detector and am liking it much better than my BH.

My friend has a BH Landstar which is driving her crazy giving false signals, it does go a whole lot deeper than my 505 but the chatter is upsetting because she digs then we can't find the item. Any suggestions on curbing that problem would be great! She found a 1900 rubber horse shoe, yep made for horses to wear on brick streets!Then she found old cracker jack toy a troll dated around the 1950's to 60's. The other day she found a large diamond type stone (cz) ring about 4 inches deep. We are still finding tons of trash since we are digging pretty much everything.

One question, where is all the silver? Many of the clad pennies are dated in the mid 1960s. So far only a couple of nickles. Even though have not found other silver than my rosie dime at this park I love going out to detect. I am so thankful to have a friend, who enjoys detecting like I do.

Attachments

• Metal detecting finds 002.JPG
    Metal detecting finds 002.JPG
    632.1 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TO reduce the chattering, try turning down the sensitivity to 3-5 range. Also remember some broken signals are the sound of items that have been discriminated out that are near the range of "good" targets.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's quite the haul....suggest your friend lower the sensitivity on her machine....odds are that's what causing the falsing.

You may have to strip out the top 4" or so of targets to get to the deeper/older stuff....keep it up and the goodies will come.

Regards + HH

Bill

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TxMike hit the nail on the head to much sensitivity and the good finds sorta chatter and disapear. The finds will come soon as you clean up the trash coins on top. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread