**VIDEO** - Ruins and History - Video of my recent Large Cent find and other stuff

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dam cool video. thanks for posting the poem too - that was a great touch. the counterstamped item is very interesting. congrats on the largie too.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job on the research and history! I enjoyed the video! Awesome relics you dug and congrats on your first Large Cent! Keep at it and good luck on your next hunts! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dam cool video. thanks for posting the poem too - that was a great touch. the counterstamped item is very interesting. congrats on the largie too.

Thanks MM - I appreciate that. I got a little "artsy" with this one. I only spent a couple of hours at the spot I found the large cent. Due to those other items I found there, as well as some old map research since then, I'm convinced there was a colonial era home there. I've got an open invitation to detect it and I don't think it's been detected before. I'll definitely be going back next month and spending quite a bit of time there.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Job on the research and history! I enjoyed the video! Awesome relics you dug and congrats on your first Large Cent! Keep at it and good luck on your next hunts! :icon_thumright:

Thanks Dave - amazing how much stuff is still in the ground, isn't it?

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dave - amazing how much stuff is still in the ground, isn't it?

Yes it is and that is what makes this hobby so exciting! You just never know what you will uncover next! And with every find it keeps history alive and fresh for another generation!

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes it is and that is what makes this hobby so exciting! You just never know what you will uncover next! And with every find it keeps history alive and fresh for another generation!

Yeah, I went to that site hoping for some Civil War relics. However, I love the Colonial era just as much. It's all good!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For those who don't have the patience to watch long videos, WATCH THIS ONE. The poem, music, history, and finds are outstanding. Those daughters can really sing. The Reverend's poem should be required reading for all Virginia school children. Anyone with a love of history will enjoy Richard's video and especially those with a Southern Heritage. Great job and congrats on the LC. I know that site has a special meaning for you. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For those who don't have the patience to watch long videos, WATCH THIS ONE. The poem, music, history, and finds are outstanding. Those daughters can really sing. The Reverend's poem should be required reading for all Virginia school children. Anyone with a love of history will enjoy Richard's video and especially those with a Southern Heritage. Great job and congrats on the LC. I know that site has a special meaning for you. HH, Quindy.

Hey Quindy - thanks so much! As I already confessed, I got a little "artsy" with this one and it is a bit long, but I do these as much for my own kids and grandkids as anyone - kinda neat way to preserve some family history. Yes, you're right, that is a GREAT poem. I'm not much on poetry, but that one was written by someone who "gets it" when it comes to our heritage and history - like most relic hunters do. Thanks again.

PS: The next time I get all 3 girls to sit still long enough, I'm going to get them to do a "female version" of your theme song. Here's a recent photo of me with my 4 daughters. The 3 on my right are the ones that sing and produced a couple CD's:

Attachments

• my4girls.jpg
    my4girls.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great video ! :icon_thumleft:

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Video!!! I really enjoyed it. Congrats again on the Large Cent!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread