Record Temps, Temps us to dig another Privy!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Talk about a nice warm fall day to get out and do another privy. Near 80 degrees and that tempted us to get out and try for some more glass. Got a whole row of pits to dig on this particular property. Must have been 5 or 6 in a row. Some were glorified ash pits but a privy or two in between made our day pretty good. Started out with Don finding a nice little amber root beer mix from Detroit and a older Bug Killer bottle. Don't find too many of those. In fact the bottle says there are no poisons in the bottle, how the heck do you kill bugs without poison:icon_scratch:

In any case we blasted through that pit with several broken bottles and nothing more.:BangHead: Thats okay we moved to the next one. Found it loaded with milks, which ain't too bad. I like milks, especially the embossed ones with the name of the maker and address. Most had little dings and fisheyes but a couple were keepers. :icon_thumleft:

As we reached the bottom of that pit I was digging to the side as we usually do and broke into the bottom of an older pit. That happens from time to time as people placed pits right next to each other and sometimes bisected other pits for lack of backyard space. So I found a broken blank blob beer that was 1880's and then saw the top of another. Thanks God we finally pulled out a blob worth keeping. A Robt. E. Krause South Bend blob and it was not broke.:laughing7: We went on after that to find some nice older milk glass perfumes and some inks. That was all she wrote and who know when we will get out again. I hope to dig more this season but the weather will play a big part of it:unhappysmiley: Here's to warm weather all winter and to more treasure finds from all. Good luck out there and be safe everyone! :headbang: jgas

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 98
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 93
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 92
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg