Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By GaRebel1861
  • 4 Post By TNGUNS
  • 2 Post By silversweeper

Thread: ARROWHEADS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

ARROWHEADS

Hello;
    I have been hunting arrowheads for one year around a lake that drops this time of year and I am trying to identify; I am in east Tennessee came from douglas lake Cherickee was the group that settled here I know they are from them but I would like to know what the name of these arrowheads are and possibly worth? I need help I.D ing them thats all thanks.
    Drew PClick image for larger version. 

Name:	arrow heads.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	694441

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Jun 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    673 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    They look like reproduction points to me. Good luck.
    Broken knee and kuger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Larson mo jo pro Flippin stick
    2960 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Top one is a Hardin. The bottom 3 look to be lost lakes. The time zone is correct for these to be together at around 9000 bp. Could have been a wash out from a grave or cache if found close together. I do not know about "authenticity" as this is not what you asked but do know that is was not Cherokees. They were late comers in that area. Early archaic . In that condition probably a cache of burial goods. Was it in a shell miden? Worth is what a person would pay but condition is close to g-10 or perfect (very few artifacts are ever perfect) so I would document and get a certificate of authenticity then tackle worth. You will need a good coa to sell. Maybe a grand maybe more for the lot. Market is depressed and flooded with repro's soooo authenticity and documentation is everything.
    That lake impoundment has produced "MANY" high quality points Hope this helps and welcome to t-net. They also have an american artifact section here post if you are not thin skinned and good luck. Or try arrowheadology.com
    TnMtns

The material looks correct for that area.
    Last edited by Tnmountains; Oct 31, 2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Dohhhh

us
    Grizzly13

Sep 2012
    Eastern PA
    Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    To nice, Mr. new member. Good job though, very talented. Use it where it counts

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    885 times
    You folks need to read the "Real or Fake" section below the rules. I don't have a dog in this race but do not think any person who has not personally seen another members relics can make any kind of judgement from the pics. If you doubt the authenticity so be it, but you have no right to post it on here. I dug a seated several years ago and a friend took it to a coin shop to have it graded for me. I knew it was not a key date etc. just in great shape. The owner of the shop was a friend of his.The coin dealer told him that there was no way it was a dug coin. Will never forget it. The quote "expert" flat implied I was a liar. I retrieved the coin after tons of research and finding the ford on a small river that led me to the picket camp where it was dug. I know little about Native American artifacts but if I had written the book on them I would still have the common courtesy to give a man the benefit of the doubt. If you truly think they are fake please keep such comments to yourself and at least follow the rules of the forum for all of our benefit.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7431 times
    Some members will join the Icantlogin tribe very soon if not careful.

If you can't be respectful in your reply, don't reply at all.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2630 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Icantlogin tribe
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us
    Aug 2011
    Swampeast Missouri
    Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
    190 times
    my apologies to drewp2000 and all others who read my earlier posted comment, now rightfully removed. I should have kept my opinions to myself. Whether the flintknapper of those finely made arrowheads be alive or long past and buried, my compliments on the work. If those are ancient artifacts.....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I have a background in Archeology and knew the pieces weren't Cherokee but that gives me no excuse to open my big mouth with a negative post. Have seen a ton of the genuine article but very, very rarely in any comparable condition to those 4 pieces. Again, my apologies and Happy Hunting (especially if there are arrowheads like that to be found where you are hunting!!).
    Treasure_Hunter and River Rat like this.

us
    I regret that I have but one life to dig...

Oct 2010
    Wyoming
    Whites Spectra V3I Garrett Pro Pointer Minelab Etrac
    11 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by silversweeper View Post
    my apologies to drewp2000 and all others who read my earlier posted comment, now rightfully removed. I should have kept my opinions to myself. Whether the flintknapper of those finely made arrowheads be alive or long past and buried, my compliments on the work. If those are ancient artifacts.....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I have a background in Archeology and knew the pieces weren't Cherokee but that gives me no excuse to open my big mouth with a negative post. Have seen a ton of the genuine article but very, very rarely in any comparable condition to those 4 pieces. Again, my apologies and Happy Hunting (especially if there are arrowheads like that to be found where you are hunting!!).
    None of my business but I respect your apology and I wish more people were physically capable of doing so. I takes a big man to admit you were wrong. Kudos to you sir.

Sponsors