Forgive Me ... Its Been Seven Months Since My Last Detecting!

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgive Me ... It's Been Seven Months Since My Last Detecting!

What can I say? It’s just been a rough, busy year. I tend to take the summers off, anyway (too hot, too dry, too many mosquitoes) and hunt in fall and winter months. But I have sincerely been on a seven-month detecting fast.

I finally broke the fast yesterday with a brief 1.5 hour hunt at an old park in a nearby town. I’ve hunted the park several times. There is a mass of metal trash and Zincolns at shallow depths. It’s pretty tough ground to hunt.

I decided this time that I was going to shoot for deeper “iffy” signals. I wanted no less than five inches of depth with a solid VDI signature. I wasn’t looking for more traditional coin signals.

My different approach paid off.

About ten minutes into the hunt I got my first solid hit at five inches. And out popped this little jewel …
11-02-12-hair-clip-front-smaller.jpg

It is a old, monogrammed child’s hair clip, roughly 1.25 inches in length. And, of course, it is sterling silver! Here’s a shot of the back.
11-02-12-hair-clip-back-smaller.jpg

About a half-hour later I got another five-inch deep signal. But this one was kind of bouncy. But since it seemed to be absent any iron, I went for the dig. And this one really paid off. I was thrilled to find a sterling silver Playboy Bunny ankle bracelet with a nice, heavy sterling chain.
11-02-12-necklace-smaller.jpg

Here’s a shot of the sterling mark on the clasp loop.
11-02-12-necklace-clasp.jpg

So … I’m back in the game … and back in the silver! I hope to be posting a LOT more finds in the weeks to come!

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread