Skinny spoon, flat buttons, and you tell me

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my old spring home site this evening for a couple of hours. Worked a little closer to the spring and the outskirts of the home sites and found a few things. And as usual no coins.:BangHead: Starting to play out a little now.
Bell's silver spoon 001.JPG

No idea what a spoon or fork would have been made this thin for. It was silver plated but so thin don't have a clue how it would be practical to use.
Bell's silver spoon 012.JPG Bell's silver spoon 013.JPG

A few flat buttons
Bell's silver spoon 014.JPG Bell's silver spoon 015.JPG Bell's silver spoon 016.JPG Bell's silver spoon 017.JPG

:dontknow:Need help on this one......PLEASE:help:
Bell's silver spoon 004.JPG Bell's silver spoon 005.JPG Bell's silver spoon 007.JPG Bell's silver spoon 008.JPG Bell's silver spoon 009.JPG Bell's silver spoon 024.JPG Bell's silver spoon 025.JPG

Upvote 0

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no ID on that , but good hunting as all ways.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you a really cleaning up on the buttons!! I don't come across many buttons like that around here, so that's a super hunt in my book. I did find a beautifully hand engraved spoon this summer made of coin silver that I think is from a prominent family in the area based on the monogram. It too was paper thin along the handle. I think the thinness of parts of the handle indicated elegance of the utensil back in the day. Great finds!

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
master cat......I thought about that.....just don't know. :dontknow:

How did those fine looking ribs turn out?:tongue1:

master_cat

Mar 10, 2012
tennessee
Detector(s) used
fisher f75 se
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting