Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting for the soybeans to be taken off this field and they finally did so yesterday I spent about 3 1/2 hours hunting. The 2nd target I dug was a large cent, then a couple cans as the site is near the road, a couple buttons, some more pieces of cans and other junk then another great signal and another large cent, sweet. I decided to walk a little more to the west and I got a trashy signal that turned out to be a small piece of chain attached to something gold colored? Then I got what I thought would be another can but turned out to be a brass candle snuffer almost on the surface in nice shap. The last thing I dug was a little pewter iron, I dug one of those in the spring but it was twice the size of this one. Last but not least the pile of scrap for the bucket. IMAG0205.jpg IMAG0202.jpg IMAG0203.jpg IMAG0204.jpg IMAG0208.jpg IMAG0213.jpg IMAG0215.jpg IMAG0216.jpg IMAG0217.jpg IMAG0218.jpg

Upvote 0

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Very nice bunch of finds! I always like the Large Cents. The bell is pretty cool too:icon_thumright: Now the chain withe the "gold colored" piece at the end has me wondering:icon_scratch: I say, the chain is probably made from brass/copper and shows corrosion from being in the ground. The gold colored thing seems to be quite clean right from the ground. Is is gold? Plated maybe?

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread