I found out old home site in peanut field is part of ghost town. More finds,

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
After researching the home site in the peanut field Ive been hunting. I found out that the home is part of a ghost town from the late 1800's. The town had a store that dealt in lumber products and suplies for lumber workers. I also believe that there were two other towns that came and went during the 1800's prior to this one in the same general area. Ive been hunting on and off when I can the last couple days and wanted to get up a few photos
I was able to find the glass fruit jar lid you see as it still had part of the zinc seal and lid stuck to it. You can see the zinc seal above the lid.

index.php

Check out the handle on the spoon. It has a small soldier on it. Probably made around the 1930's or 40's in Europe.

index.php

Found this small silver band and 1910 wheaty this afternoon. Thats my second 1910 wheat on this site wheres that darn 1909.

index.php

Got these Sunday and Monday. 1883 and 1902 V nickel, 1888 I.H., 1920 Merc. and 1936 wheat.

index.php

A few overload signals.

index.php

Thanks for looking. Hope everones having a great holiday season. HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Snee said:
Very nice! ;D

Some of those coins are in very good shape! :)

The 1883 nickel is in better shape than the 1902. I found a 198? zinc penny almost gone and heres a 1888 still hanging in there. I don't guess they will be hunting our coins 100 years from now.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great research and finds, Diggin! Neat spoon too!

Congrats! Nana :)

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
DiggingFl said:
Snee said:
Very nice! ;D

Some of those coins are in very good shape! :)

The 1883 nickel is in better shape than the 1902. I found a 198? zinc penny almost gone and heres a 1888 still hanging in there. I don't guess they will be hunting our coins 100 years from now.

No. No they won't. A lot of coins a hundred years ago are in better shape then coins ten years old. I hate looking at new coins anymore. They decay so fast and are pieces of junk. They're just cheaper to make. I just wonder where all this money is that they're not spending on them anymore. Where is all the silver and copper, etc? Storage facilities? baa...

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice old homesite relicis Diggin! Looks like good research has paid off once again! I hope you make the big find at that site - I'd like to see you post pics of an old mason jar filled with coins! Maybe you can find the old church or picnic areas, park or playground area!

Good Luck and thanks for posting - we're freezing up here, it's nice to see someone out enjoying our hobby!

HH/NS

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome finds....like the ring and the coins, nice condition. I would love to MD a peanut feild...a free snack in every hole ::)

HH
-GC

T

TreasureTales

The relice and coins you're finding ain't peanuts! Nice finds! Nothing like a day finding a variety of things.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding a ghost town.......Hope there is plenty more there to find! I like the condition of those 'V' Nickles........With the soil there a sandy loam mixture .....it also makes for great drainage and some non-acidic soil conditions. In turn the coins look very good! Nice job! :o

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
D FL,

very nice group of artifacts and coins.

Love that spoon. ;D

Don't give up on the research of the towns;
never know what you will find out and perhaps
help ID some find.

Sounds like a good location, hope you find a
bunch.

have a good un.........

OP
OP
DiggingFl

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Danimal said:
Great finds!....

that one V looks like an 1886 to me...and both Vs are in outstanding shape.
It dose look like a 86 in the photo but its a 83.

Attachments

• DSCN02560001.JPG
    DSCN02560001.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 641

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Real nice finds.

Research can bring you to some great untouched sites. Good luck out there. Your gonna find more.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread