Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didnt go home, Now there Home!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there Home!

Hi all,
Gary and I decided today that we would try out the old church site we found a couple of weeks ago.

Gary let me use his new 9x12 coil on his ACE 250 and he used my ACE 250. Well we both did pretty good,
except that doggone Gary whipped me with my own machine. LOL

Gary found 3 Ladies a 1860 Seated Quarter, a 1930 SL Quarter and a we think 1888 Seated dime. He also found 4 IH's of which when we got back home he could only find one of them, hehe guess we will pick them up on our next visit to the site. They shouldn't be too hard to dig for! The one IH he still has is a 1906 and also two Wheat penny's 1910 & 1915 D. He also found a broken silver ring with a red stone in it.

I found a 1875 Seated dime, a 1893 V Nickel, 6 IH's 1874, 1880, 1887, 1890, 1898 & 1901.

I also found one wheat penny 1910 and a broken gold signature ring. I also found a axe head.

We really had a great day, until it started raining, of course like fishing when there biting you hate to quit, so we didn't. But we did finally stop when I realized my Garhart coat was soaking wet.

HH< All, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds 1.jpg
    Gary\'s finds 1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 877
  • Denny\'s finds 1.jpg
    Denny\'s finds 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 1

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Six Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there H

Now those are some great finds and I am EXTREMELY jealous!

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Re: Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there Home!

Congratulations on some super sweet finds. I haven't been out in a while 'cause I figured the ground was frozen, but If I remember correctly, your'e an OH digger. I'm going to try and get out, if the weather holds up. In the past, I always tended to have good luck on New Years Day, weather permitting.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there Home!

daytondigger said:
Congratulations on some super sweet finds. I haven't been out in a while 'cause I figured the ground was frozen, but If I remember correctly, your'e an OH digger. I'm going to try and get out, if the weather holds up. In the past, I always tended to have good luck on New Years Day, weather permitting.

Thanks for the reply, and yes I'm from Ohio and I wish that I would have hunted Sunday as the soil is really easy to dig in. Get out there and I want to see some of your finds from down south ( Dayton is south LOL ).

HH, Ringfinder

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there H

W :o W fantastic finds!! ;D

;) RR

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Very nice finds. Good job and keep it up.
Mike in NJ

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Way to go ...Very Nice

B

Big Diggin

Awes ;Dme Finds !!!!!!!!!!!

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

Very nice! :D That sounds like an awesome site! ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice~

hh

post more!

Karma Guy

Nov 12, 2006
Kirkland, Wa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

You guys continue to amaze me....nice job and keep the pics coming.

KG

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds! It's great to see a SLQ with a date

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I also found a axe head.

So... someone went to church to "bury the hatchet"? ::) :-\ :-[

Nice finds! I hear church yards can be very rewarding.

I'm hoping to get permission to search the "old church" (built 1849) next to my parents "new church" (built 1957). Looking forward to it!

DCMatt

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds...congrats!

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very nice finds

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

great finds there !!!!! holy cow,, love the quarters !!!

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Five Ladies and Seven Indians went to Church and didn't go home, Now there H

Wow! I'd be itching to pound that church site more than the Happy Trails if I kept gettin all that old stuff there. You guys got two great sites to hit. (And a handful days of good MDing weather ahead ;D) HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

More excellent finds. ;D ;D I'm drooling over that seated quarter. :D Also, any IH in the 70's is a good date. Enjoy!

Bob

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Bob, Nate and everyone else. Yes we are ready to hit it again, hopefully Friday. You know with the warm weather, we have all those honey do jobs to do. Darn I wish they wouldn't get in the way of our favorite hobby. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Gotta keep the other half happy. Of course you guys that are single, all you have to do is skip work or school. LOL

Yes we do have TWO great sites, it's hard to tell which one we are going to, until we get there. I can't wait till next year and the farmer works the church site up even more. I am getting a really nice IH penny ready to give back to him for allowing us to hunt this great site.

HH All, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions