well saturdays find actually * a wedding band lost in a horse stall -- $100 thank you

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my nephew was visiting from cocoa beach --his mom was at the local horse show here in jax fri / sat --he rode up with the mom and a female freind of the moms --they were showing their horses --but he came up to hang out with me and go to the local fri night turkey shoot with uncle ivan , I got my band of turkey shoot trainee's together --my nephews --TC and jeffery and a young freind of the family ishmal -- of the 9 shoots we took part in we won 6 of the 9 shoots -- thus we bought 4 out of 10 targets per round = 40% of the targets but wo 6 out of 9rounds which is a 66 % win rate --a good 26 % better than the random 40% or 4 target "adverage" rate ( if one buys 4 targets per shoot and does 10 rounds - 4 wins would be the "expected" or normal win rate - we got 2 extras or 150% of the normal rate much better than adverage)

my nephew crashed overnight friday night at my place and we had a few hours to spare the next day before he was to rejoin his mom and go home , so we decided to metal detect a local spot before returning back to the horse show place -- we found a few things but nothing great

upon returning him to the horse show however --his mom said --oh you got your detector with you great --the guy parked next to us lost his wedding ring in the horse stall two days ago * -- she went and got the man ( he had a huge fancy clearly very costly motorhome attached to his horse trailer - clearly a well off man) --he and his wife we just getting ready to leave * two days earlier he was throwing hay into the stall for his horse and his wedding ring flew off into the stall which was full of wood shavings --both he and his wife had scoured the stall on hands and knees for 2 hours to no avail before giving up and putting their horse in -- the man said --I didn't know those things could detect gold , I said yes they can but they often detect it in the nickel to pull tab range--it takes a bit of time and skil to get good with em ( I was using my ace 250 with a 8 x 5 dd coil ) it was rough going at first --the metal side walls of the horse stall made it tough --but then I had a ideal --told my nephew to pull the shavings into the center of the stall away from the walls to lessen their impact -- by doing that within 5 min I found it -- --the man gave my nephew 5 - 20's (100) reward for finding it -- which I split with my 17 year old nephew (he had broke his phone last week so it came in very handy for him ) --my $50 I gave to the church this sunday to help a needy family get food for their christmas dinner.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job man

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great story. and real nice gesture donating the reward money!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread