All Treasure Hunting
i put all mine in a box its gonna be a long time before they are worth anything

rj35pj

Oct 17, 2007
East Central Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
E-trac,Omniprobe
I live near SilverTowne, Winchester, Indiana. They buy my wheaties for 2 cents apiece. It's not much and I make sure there are no key dates, but numastically they aren't worth much coming out of the ground. I have also sold them on Ebay but then there is shipping. I take the money and but some coin or coins I like better. :)

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh sorry I remember I commented on it didn't mean to steal your thunder :)

lol you're not stealing anything, I was just letting you know in case you didn't see it :tongue3:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take out any ones that are Semi keys..and usally tumble them for a little while and save them...This year I am buying a couple coin books and making a goal on filling them with my wheat finds

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I take them and throw them out at the local parks lmao

Keeps the competition busy

OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jamesbibb said:
I take them and throw them out at the local parks lmao

Keeps the competition busy

I'll take them!!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
save them in coffee cans

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put in bowl and pour milk on them and eat ,,,,, wait your talking wheat cents :laughing7:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to put anything after the mid 30's in plastic penny tubes and most of the teens and 20's I like to clean up a little and put in cardboard holders with the date mintmark and year found. Makes them a little more special for the hours one spends, sometimes without much spectacular.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mine on a few pages, have most every year from 1909 to the 30's...of course I don't have every mintmark :tongue3:
I take out any ones that are Semi keys..and usally tumble them for a little while and save them...This year I am buying a couple coin books and making a goal on filling them with my wheat finds

tesorobandit

May 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero, bandidoII Umax, garrett 250, ETG ( eyes to the ground)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stack them according to decade then in rolls once I get 50. I occasionally clean some with my thumbnail. It's my treasure, might as well clean it up.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all pre-1980 Penny's especially Wheaties, which I pour in a bowl and add milk, much like "nsdq" stated above. Actually, I have a coffee can full of pennies that I need to go through and separate. This is what cold and rainy days are for. If it wasn't for bad weather, I'd just be gathering and not sorting, and that would probably make me a hoarder. My wife would like that. :laughing7:

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have saved all of mine.(I wish I could say the same for the silver coins) In the past 15 or so years,I have dug over 1300(My 7 yr old counted!) not including the 3 whitman albums. When I lived in Philly, I used to dig about 7 to 12 wheaties for every silver coin I found. I'm lucky if I find 20 a year,now I live in FL.(But I'll take finding gold rings over wheaties) The big old jar of wheaties makes a cool display in my relic cabinet.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All just plonked in to a large jar. But I do like the idea of putting them in to an old Mason jar. Something to do tomorrow!

aj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread