10 Silvers from New Honey Hole!

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
10 Silver's from New Honey Hole!

DigginNDumps called me last Tuesday and said the city was tearing up some sidewalks and moving around some dirt at an old spot we've pounded over the last couple years. I decided to check it out after work last week and I was not disapointed. In four short hunts over the last week I was able to find 14 wheats, 8 silver coins, a silver earring and a silver ring. I ended up with 5 silver rosies, a 37 merc, a 53 washington quarter and a 1905 o barber dime. The quarter has some dark color on it that I can't get rid of. I tried baking soda, but it didn't do a thing. I know there is a 1905 o with a micro o, but can't tell the difference. Does anyone know which one I have? Well, looks like me and DigginNDumps will be busy for a while. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 243_0937.JPG
    243_0937.JPG
    676.9 KB · Views: 371
  • 243_0939.JPG
    243_0939.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 4

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TejasDigger,
Congrats to you and your partner for noticing, sharing and detecting the torn up city works area. Years ago I stumbled across a small section of torn up sidewalks, I'd read about checking them out and did. I was rewarded with my first gold ring by checking the ground where the sidewalks used to be. The best of continued luck to you both on this near virgin site!.....63bkpkr

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great eye DND!! Those r wat were lookin for bud.. CONGRATS on all that silver.. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver makes for a good hunt ,that many make for am amazing hunt!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginNDumps called me last Tuesday and said the city was tearing up some sidewalks and moving around some dirt at an old spot we've pounded over the last couple years. I decided to check it out after work last week and I was not disapointed. In four short hunts over the last week I was able to find 14 wheats, 8 silver coins, a silver earring and a silver ring. I ended up with 5 silver rosies, a 37 merc, a 53 washington quarter and a 1905 o barber dime. The quarter has some dark color on it that I can't get rid of. I tried baking soda, but it didn't do a thing. I know there is a 1905 o with a micro o, but can't tell the difference. Does anyone know which one I have? Well, looks like me and DigginNDumps will be busy for a while. Thanks for looking!

Every now and then, everything comes together for a day that is just plain fun! I haven't had one of those days in a long time.
Those are GREAT finds! Way to go!

When I saw your quarter it made me think that maybe I better check my clad over. The only time I saw silver do that was back when I was water hunting in saltwater.

Merry Christmas!
HH!

OP
OP
TejasDigger

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Every now and then, everything comes together for a day that is just plain fun! I haven't had one of those days in a long time.
Those are GREAT finds! Way to go!

When I saw your quarter it made me think that maybe I better check my clad over. The only time I saw silver do that was back when I was water hunting in saltwater.

Merry Christmas!
HH!

Yeah, and it was getting dark when I found that quarter. I'm lucky I checked the date before putting it in pouch. In fact, if it hadn't been dark I might not have looked at the date! Thanks for commenting and Merry Christmas to you!

OP
OP
TejasDigger

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
TejasDigger,
Congrats to you and your partner for noticing, sharing and detecting the torn up city works area. Years ago I stumbled across a small section of torn up sidewalks, I'd read about checking them out and did. I was rewarded with my first gold ring by checking the ground where the sidewalks used to be. The best of continued luck to you both on this near virgin site!.....63bkpkr

I bet that was an old gold ring. We've never had luck hunting near torn out sidewalks. This was the first time we've actually scored at a place torn up like this. Thanks for commenting.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow now that is a pocket full.. congrats on the silver!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice SAVES indeed.....

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of awesome finds.....................HH

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the Snow will slow them down...Im ready to Go back this week when you are. Its only a matter of time before its all concrete again..Nice Finds!!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on all the silver! Love the Barber Dime with the O mint mark!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds! Sidewalk tearout have never produced for me, but digging for a new sidewalk or parking lot have produced really well in the past.

Hope you get to find a lot more before they finish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread