[BANNER] Unreal day!! Relics, and a 13 projectile point cache!!! - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Unreal day!! Relics, and a 13 projectile point cache!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    tennessee
    toro
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    those are some nice points. congrats on your find. rick

Jun 2012
    117 times
    Nize collection of points and relics,congrats on a great hunt and many more to come......

us
    May 2012
    AZ
    153 times
    awsome!
    SILVER

us
    Mar 2009
    Riverview Florida
    F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
    302 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks!

The Axeman of Illinois.

Aug 2005
    Jerseyville Illinois
    White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
    430 times
    Gorgeous cache.... So jealous..
    https://m.facebook.com/FlintcityArtifacts84/

Master of my Fate...
    Captain of my Soul......

Feb 2013
    14 times
    I can see that you are very proud of your find. The pieces are spectacular. I hope you realize that you have probably ruined a chunk of history. Finding arrowheads in a field that has been plowed is one thing. Intentionally destroying a site is criminal. I hope you can get over the find and do some good with it. Call local tribes, universities and museums to help you undo a little of what you have destroyed.

us
    Donald

Dec 2012
    Boerne Tx.
    New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
    127 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcoin View Post
    I can see that you are very proud of your find. The pieces are spectacular. I hope you realize that you have probably ruined a chunk of history. Finding arrowheads in a field that has been plowed is one thing. Intentionally destroying a site is criminal. I hope you can get over the find and do some good with it. Call local tribes, universities and museums to help you undo a little of what you have destroyed.
    That was very uncalled for!

Feb 2013
    14 times
    The truth is always called for

us
    Mar 2009
    Riverview Florida
    F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
    302 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Guess what genius? It WAS a plowed field.......

They were just inches from being plowed up and ACTUALLY destroyed. The next plowing could have been the end for them.

No "site" was destroyed. I could go into further detail exactly how endangered the site really is, but in case you are just fishing for clues, i won't add any details.

Intentionally destroying a site....give me a break.....

There are no local tribes in Florida that had ANYTHING to do with the people that made those points. Our "local tribes" have been here a shorter amount of time than the Spanish were.

Universities? If you think they care, you are naive. The most they would do is make a note of the site, and assign a number, then forget about it...but since it is private property...I doubt they could do anything even if they cared.

Museums? If I want them stolen, I'll leave them on a park bench somewhere....

Where did you even come from...jeesh!

Did you just sign up to shoot your mouth off at me?

us
    Mar 2009
    Riverview Florida
    F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
    302 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The truth is always called for

Clueless!!!

Are you a politician by chance? You seem about as uninformed and self righteous as one......

us
    Feb 2010
    Jupiter Florida
    9 times
    No bout adout it, Thet there's a BANNER day and Find!!!

Feb 2013
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Phillips

Guess what genius? It WAS a plowed field.......

They were just inches from being plowed up and ACTUALLY destroyed. The next plowing could have been the end for them.

No "site" was destroyed. I could go into further detail exactly how endangered the site really is, but in case you are just fishing for clues, i won't add any details.

Intentionally destroying a site....give me a break.....

There are no local tribes in Florida that had ANYTHING to do with the people that made those points. Our "local tribes" have been here a shorter amount of time than the Spanish were.

Universities? If you think they care, you are naive. The most they would do is make a note of the site, and assign a number, then forget about it...but since it is private property...I doubt they could do anything even if they cared.

Museums? If I want them stolen, I'll leave them on a park bench somewhere....

Where did you even come from...jeesh!

Did you just sign up to shoot your mouth off at me?
    You don't have to listen to me. But maybe listen to the other back patters here that are suggesting having them looked at.

us
    Sep 2004
    central Texas
    29 times
    you always have someone new come in and give his 2 cents...to bad its very seldom worth the full 2 cents
    Jonesy
    Jon Phillips likes this.

us
    Mar 2009
    Riverview Florida
    F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
    302 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You don't have to listen to me. But maybe listen to the other back patters here that are suggesting having them looked at.

The "having them looked at" was to have them authenticated. They are not for sale, and I pulled them out of the ground myself, so I know they are real.

The only other suggestions of having an "official" look at them were met with me saying if some "official" wanted information other than the exact location they were found, I would be glad to help out. I added in one of the threads that most "officials" aren't as much of an "expert" as some of the amatures that do it for the love of history, instead of a paycheck.

You do realize this is a treasure hunting and collecting site don't you?

That means that anyone here for legitimate reasons, will have an interest in treasure hunting, collecting, history, etc., and I would say about 0% of them would have found those points and then decided to rebury them and call the state in... especially here in Florida.

The fact that your first few posts on here is accusing me of "criminally destroying a site" for taking home some points from a plowed field, places you squarely into the "troll" category for message forums. Its like when someone goes onto a Ford Mustang forum, and talks about how bad Mustangs suck. They are just there to stir up trouble and get a reaction. They are usually young, or at least immature.

Maybe you are young, or naive, or just haven't experienced the real world enough yet. Maybe you are a student taking archeological courses, and you just "drank the koolaid" and believe whatever you are told without question. Maybe you don't mean to be so insulting with your posts. Maybe one day you will grow out of it.....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links