First 2 Silvers from the stubble in 2013.

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good start to the new year from a very wet UK, I have some good fields with crop on them which usually l would be able to search, but l have held back this season so far due to them being so wet and my possibly making a mess in the mud. so l can't wait to get on them...
So l'm still doing the stubble field which l've been on since the harvest !!
So finds are drying up somewhat : But l certainly wont be complaining about my first 2 silvers of the year:
A silver unit of the Coritani from around 55 to 45 BC.
A silver penny of William the Lion of Scotland from 1174 to 1195 AD. crecent and pellet issue.
Hutch.

Attachments

• w864.jpg
    w864.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 114
  • w865.jpg
    w865.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 118
  • w866.jpg
    w866.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 149
  • w867.jpg
    w867.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 4

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two coins are exceptional finds indeed, the William Lion is outstanding, and Banner worthy alone....Great Start Hutch :notworthy:

SS

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME !!---:occasion14:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really beautiful finds! Congrats my friend!

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those very nice finds! May you have many more!

-Ammo

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad & I have done the same & stayed off the crop so as not to upset the farmers. Problem is most of it is now at a point when we would stop anyway. Thats detecting...

We had our first year 2012 for many years without any Celtic Silver, & its hard to work out why when you get 3 gold! Not complaining, just saying.

The Celtic Silver is great & one I need, & although I have had a couple of William The Lion, I've never had that early type! Its got to be a ยฃ100 coin all day long!

If these 2 were found on the same day? I'm voting for a BANNER day!

We are down to the grass fields, & not much of it, so if you can keep posting finds like this, it will keep me focussed until harvest...

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad & I have done the same & stayed off the crop so as not to upset the farmers. Problem is most of it is now at a point when we would stop anyway. Thats detecting...

We had our first year 2012 for many years without any Celtic Silver, & its hard to work out why when you get 3 gold! Not complaining, just saying.

The Celtic Silver is great & one I need, & although I have had a couple of William The Lion, I've never had that early type! Its got to be a ยฃ100 coin all day long!

We are down to the grass fields, & not much of it, so if you can keep posting finds like this, it will keep me focussed until harvest...

Had two sessions of around 4 hours each, Friday for the Celtic, and Saturday for the Scottish hammered, The Scottish one is quite rare, and my 1st complete one (the other Scottish ones l've found are all cut halves or quarters) Hutch.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had two sessions of around 4 hours each, Friday for the Celtic, and Saturday for the Scottish hammered, The Scottish one is quite rare, and my 1st complete one (the other Scottish ones l've found are all cut halves or quarters) Hutch.

I have a complete William the Lion, plus a half & a qrter, but not this earlier type. I agree rare! Still an amazing 8 hours!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow beautiful and banner material also!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds.....nice looking coins

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Those are amazing and in great shape, I love the hammered, it's beautiful! Congratulations, banner for sure

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are both fantastic. Congratulations!!

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Wet is better than frozen--glad you're able to get out and bump the stubble to come up with pre-Jesus and Middle Ages silver! Those two are quite distant from each other on the timeline--congratulations!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! You had a good weekend! Friday and saturday detecting and sunday sitting in front of your finds with a cup of tea.... :hello2:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet is better than frozen--glad you're able to get out and bump the stubble to come up with pre-Jesus and Middle Ages silver! Those two are quite distant from each other on the timeline--congratulations!

I prefer frozen, it doesn't ruin the crops, & in ploughed soil its still easier to dig than sticky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread