Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, here are some of my finds that I have found in my yard (built in the 1880's) over the last two years. It is a big Victorian house with a big yard that was used as a Bed and Breakfast for many years before we bought it. The previous owners were shocked to hear that I had found any coins in the yard because they said it had been detected so many times in the past.
laughing7.gif
I have found 7 silver coins so far (SLQ, 2 seated dimes, barber dime, 2 mercs, and a rosie) 3 indians, a buff, and a V nickel, plus some wheats. Also pictured are 3 military related buttons, 2 rings, 2 skeleton keys, and a bunch of other cool relics, including my oldest dog tag (1900) I'm not done yet, just have more nails to clear I guess first. Thanks for looking all, hope this winter flies by, Griff

Attachments

• 1-7 yard finds.jpg
    1-7 yard finds.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 1-7 relics.jpg
    1-7 relics.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 1-7 relics2.jpg
    1-7 relics2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 1-7 rings.jpg
    1-7 rings.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 1-7 buttons.jpg
    1-7 buttons.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 1-7 coins.jpg
    1-7 coins.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 1-7 seated.jpg
    1-7 seated.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 7

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are livin' the dream. Your own yard is a treasure trove. Congrats! Sub

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Wow the perfect scenerio, have a bad day out in the field...just come home and do some swingin. Great finds

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
That's the best way to do it, first clean the iron, then find the good stuff!
Congratulations

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow nice yard!
Sounds about like my parents yard. We have been hunting it on and off for 10 months now. Your finds are better in comparison, but we are still amazed at what comes out of the ground. Are you diggin the nails on purpose to get them out of the way? We had to start doing that.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! what a pile of cool nails!!......I'm telling ya, you get the rest of that crap outta your way, theres no telling how many more nice nails you'll find. And it looks like you got a good selection
as well. Is that a wire staple mixed in with them ? Thats awesome and I really like those small
finishing nails too........................Keep us updated on your work in the rest of the yard.
You get rid of all that silver and buttons, the buckles and knifes, and the other decorative
stuff And you may luck out and come away with another bunch of nails as good as those........HH:thumbsup:

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you diggin the nails on purpose to get them out of the way? We had to start doing that.
yeah...certain areas close to the house are super trashy and have been digging everything in spots. Actually that's how I found one of the seated dimes. A couple of flower beds and areas I planted vegetables I just used the pro-pointer and cleared the whole area. It will take me many years to clear the whole yard, probably never will. Thanks for nice comments ya'll, I love my house and yard too!

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! what a pile of cool nails!!......I'm telling ya, you get the rest of that crap outta your way, theres no telling how many more nice nails you'll find. And it looks like you got a good selection
as well. Is that a wire staple mixed in with them ? Thats awesome and I really like those small
finishing nails too........................Keep us updated on your work in the rest of the yard.
You get rid of all that silver and buttons, the buckles and knifes, and the other decorative
stuff And you may luck out and come away with another bunch of nails as good as those........HH:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I didn't keep all the trash from the yard, but I started throwing nails in a bucket just because I figured it would be a massive amount over time. I'll let ya know if I ever decide to sell them :tongue3:

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds sometimes your own yard can be a hot spot... :-)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!

Nice YARD finds! I too had an old Victorian built in 1868 with a double lot but I never found 1/2 that much!

I know my yard was pounded many times long before I ever bought the place.

HH and thanks for sharing!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunting grounds...nice finds as well.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome artifacts indeed, you got a gold or hmm a silver mine 8-) there indeed! keep hitting it til all you find is nails :occasion14:

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If my yard had that much stuff, I'd want to tear the walls out and see what was in them next. There could be some cool stuff hidden in them walls.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions