Found My Limit!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On walking the beach, ;D

I hit low tide Sat morning at Melbourne Beach with a friend for 4 hours, then I hit Daytona Beach Sat night for 5 hours. My calves hurt so much Sunday from walking in the sand on both tides Saturday that I now know what my limit is.

Found nothing at Melbourne Beach but 18 cents in clad and a dead sea turtle. I had better luck in Daytona but nothing to brag about. I did find my first silver quarter, a 1964 and I found a silver earing. I also found $2.31 in clad and had two good signals get away.

I was just below waist deep in the streams that drain back into the ocean on both, but the current was so strong that everytime I put my scoop down to try to retrieve them the current would drag it back behind me. By the time I was able to get my scoop down long enough to dig, the signals were gone both times. Have to hope it was only clad.

I am still a newbie, still learning how to read the water, to recognize where the troughs are by the way the water acts above them. It's harder to see it at night then in the day, and its harder waist deep then it is in knee deep. It is also amazing how fast they form and move.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread