🥇 BANNER GOLD!!!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.... My buddy HomeGuardDan invited me down to do a little digging with him and his friend Bill D. (VA). It's been a while since we dug together and for some reason he forgot to tell me to leave my lucky horseshoe at home. I had a great hunt! Ended up with three cut silver coins (circa 1700's) and a really interesting gold cuff link with a huge stone from the same era. The stone doesn't look like the normal glass ones I find, so I have my fingers crossed! The gold coin rounds out the finds. Thanks Dan and Bill, you're both all right in my book. Let me know when my hunt ban is up!!!

Attachments

• P1200022.JPG
    P1200022.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,889
  • P1200012.JPG
    P1200012.JPG
    850.4 KB · Views: 1,519
Upvote 38

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wicked cool finds!!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
What did the gold coin read on the T2? I run an F75, but I know they are pretty similar.

Matt - I dug the identical coin (even the same date) last March with my F75, and it came in a solid and unwavering "27". But I dig all low conductivity targets anyway so I wasn't going to bypass a reading like that.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did the gold coin read on the T2? I run an F75, but I know they are pretty similar.

and aarias... I was using the T2. The coin was my last signal of our day as we were heading out and it was too dark to see the meter in the woods. It sounded good, but just a little scratchy. I'm hoping Dan doesn't forget to go back and look for more coins!!!

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I already voted Banner! Congrats!

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds....sweet, love that GOLD

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! I replied to Dan's and Bill's posts and am just now reading yours.

They both said you had a really good day, but I must say it was much better than I was expecting :notworthy:

Your instincts must have guided you to the right section of the field because I hope for Dan and Bill's sake you didn't find that stuff in an area they had already hunted :tongue3:

That pic with the three cut silvers and the two gold pieces needs to be on the Banner and my vote is in!

Last edited:

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
AC, as always amazing finds! Hey how much to borrow that lucky horseshoe of yours for a weekend ; )

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rayray when you gonna come out to Virginia and do some detecting?? We gotta get you digging some colonial and 19th century coins! :piratehand:

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
HD, your opening a can of worms with a invite! I may just showup at your doorstep! ; ) farthest East ive been is Colorado. I do have a recurring dream of finding colonial coins in a found in the woods? Thanks for invite I just might get my large cent finally.

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds Beau .... congrats !!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime RayRay, I can get you digging up civil war relics and 19th century coins around where i hunt in Virginia (mainly Indian head coins) but about 2 1/2 hour drive from here is where Bill D lives which is around Williamsburg,VA.. I've been out that way a couple times and always came back with a coin or two and lot of flat buttons like Bill-D is posting, so yah lets shoot for something in the next couple of months you can fly into Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport and I can pick you up and within 45 minutes we can be hitting some spots and maybe Bill-D can show us a tour. :icon_thumleft:

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Thats somethin you dont find in a life time for some. Congrats!! :headbang:

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Definitely will make plans, sounds like a he## of a adventure. Might be a little later on than stated. Im going in this week to schedule a appt. To have back surgery! Not looking forward to it at all but I know it will add time to my detecting years so its worth it... but I guarantee when all is a.o.k ill be swingin back east with my newly made friends ; ).. cant wait!!! My first big MD trip.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RayRay... i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :angel12: on that back surgery, i know you gonna pull thru it like a champ and there will be gold and silver waiting for you here in ole Virginia. Hope to see you soon my friend! :occasion14: :occasion14:

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
And I thought I was just gonna read and see some great treasure stories, Wow! I found a lot more than that here. Thanks for the kind words and prayers HD..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread