Old Antler Knife

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the last relic I found before the winter storms started rolling through. It's about 4 and 1/2 inches long overall. I've already been offered a solid 80 dollars for it but I think this on is staying with me. IMG_20130223_223421.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told that it's at least as old as the last blacksmith in my area. That could date it some 200 plus years. I have a hunch that it's a colonial hunting knife.

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that great find.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice congrats Happy Hunting

OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all, I love relic hunting and I miss not being able to. (weather conditions) Unfortunately the life long property I've been hunting which just happens to be located on one of the oldest roads in America is almost certainty going to be lost but for what it's worth I would do it all over again. I found many a British coin but the one I was hoping to find eluded me. General Burgoyne must have dropped one of those sovereigns somewhere.

OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find for sure its items like that that keep you digging.HH
Indeed they do, I'm not about to retire from digging anytime soon. Spring cant' come soon enough. I wish you all luck as well.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Very nice. We still had blacksmiths here up to the Second World War. Still a few around for that matter. I have 2 knives made by my Dad's Uncle who was a blacksmith for the railroad. One was carried in the war by Dad. They were made out of files. Sorry you are losing your site. Good luck.

genlee

Aug 20, 2011
Cascade, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro & Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a knife maker / blacksmith, that is a fine looking patch knife, I have made a few in my time, though I specialize these days in Japanese Style blades. How much rust was on the blade? And how intact is the handle?

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread