Another newbie

Fidgetess

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2006
I found this site a few weeks ago but just got around to signing up. Looking forward to sharing TH stories!

My mother caught the hunting bug this summer when she found a Tibetan prayer bracelet on a beach in Rhode Island, so my father and I got her a MD (White's Prizm II) for Christmas. We used it at her mother's house that day and found a broken hinge and $.36. Not too shabby for half an hour the first time out!

Then I used it today before it started snowing and found some old square nails, a bullet casing, a decorative hinge (looks like a fleur-de-lis), and a wheatback 1917 penny in my back yard! I know it's mostly junk but hey, they were my first finds :)

There's an old grown over dirt road in the woods behind our house that I'm dying to explore, but I have to ask the neighbors if it's okay first.

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Hi Fidgetess, welcome to TreasureNet. Hope you have access to a digital camera so you can post pix of all the interesting things you and your folks will be finding with that new metal detector.

It's good to have you aboard. Wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with lots of treasures!!!! ;)

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Your yard & the lane behind the house are an excellent sounding training ground. There are bound to be many more finds there. Welcome to the Forum.
Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions