SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
A few odds and ends from Friday's hunt

Dan and I spent the day re-engaging with a property owner we met last fall but had to wait until deer hunting season was over before coming back and touching base with him. We were about 2 months later doing that than we had hoped, but between the weather and being tied up at other productive sites we didn't make our return visit until now. The owner is very friendly and owns quite a bit of property in a very old and historic area. He talked with us a bit and then drove us around to point out areas we could hunt. At the first one he mentioned that a while back he had found 2 spanish silver coins laying right on top of the ground in this field. Between that comment and seeing brick and pottery scattered about we were quite excited to say the least. But once we started hunting we had difficulty finding many targets, and could only muster up a small number of buttons. I was able to eyeball a tiny but nicely shaped point that was probably my best find there. We also hit a couple of adjacent fields with high ridges but they were unexpectedly bare. We ended up hitting the yard of what we were told was an early house, but nothing of any real age was dug. I did manage a merc and a small piece of jewelry. By then we had to call it a day, especially with a cold and unobstructed wind which had been chilling us all day. The owner has other promising properties that we plan to scout out next weekend along with a couple other new spots to check out. Hopefully our luck will change for the better next time.

Attachments

• 030113a.JPG
    030113a.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 4

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a good hunt in my book! Best of luck at your new sites :thumbsup:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds Bill.really like that little arrowhead. Cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread