The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With 2006 now behind us ..... 2007 will be a year to look forward to. I have met some great people here in Tnet and have had some great times in the past. ;) But yesterday Digthis(Jeff) ,TimmyNY and I met a couple of Tnet members Satchmo (Bill) from Florida and XLThunter (Abe) from here in my neck of the woods. So Now with the 5 of us having made plans to meet , now was time to get out to the back woods and do some serious Relic hunting. :)

We decided to head down to Allegheny county , not far from Jeff's house and give it a go. With a little snow on the Hill tops, that did not stop us from finding a few nice items and share some good times and memories . This was Bill's first time Relic hunting and it was everything he expected. The digging was easy ,the ground was not frozen. Besides the wet ground....... :o there was some flowing water from all the rain we have had in this area over the last few months . We did get a little muddy ….I guess it come with the territory……… But Bill did say “ digging in the sands down in Florida were definitely a lot easier”…..Plus the weather this time of the year a little warmer..lolol

PB020019 Large Web view.jpg
PB020027 Large Web view.jpg
PB020024 Large Web view.jpg
PB020025 Large Web view.jpg

We all found some nice stuff and had some great conversation when taking a few short breaks …….!

PB020018 Large Web view.jpg
PB020028 Large Web view.jpg
PB020032 Large Web view.jpg
PB020035 Large Web view.jpg

Now with 2006 behind us.............meeting some new friends and detecting with some old friends, was a great way to end this past year……….Hope everyone has good health and great times in 2007……With friends and family!!!

John

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Ending 2006........Relic Hunting with some Tnet members !

Look's like a great time John....On my way out the door to get muddy myself....Happy New year to ya Seeker!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Looks like a great time for all of you and getting muddy is just part of the fun. What are those metal things in the bottom pic with the knobbys on them?

With your outstanding finds for 2006 ,I dont know how you are going to top them in 2007....But I am sure you will find a way!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hunting in a group like that looks like a fun time. What were the coins? Would love to see close up pictures of them.

Good luck in 2007.

LeJeuene

T

TreasureTales

Yes, let's see some closeups, please. You have some intriguing things that we'd appreciate seeing "up close and personal." Thanks.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

good finds good people and good weather....it don't get much better... ;D ;D ;D ;D

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

What a great way to end the year.Meeting some new fellow hunters and sharing the good times out in the field.Don't get much better than that.The on site pics were really nice.Glad to see you're still getting out. HAPPY NEW YEAR! HH!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't get better than that. They say end a year and start a year the same way. Hope it continues that way for you. Happy New Year.
Burdie

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I forgot to mention how nice it was to see Satchmo and XLThunter mugs! That weather had to have been a little cooler for you Satchmo! :)

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey gang..........I see everyone survived the Tnet black-out. So with that going on , I thought it would be a good time to catch up on needed rest! lolol But now since the power is back on I would be happy to throw out a few close up pics............The canadian large cent is 1918 , the wheat back pennie is 1909-s VDB ;D .....lol But I wouldn't bet the house on it! The long silver piece is an old pencil from way back when. the copper plate w/design is from ???? ???......Plus the Merry widow's is ..........well we can guess on that one!!!! ::) enjoy!!!

The Seeker

PB030038 Large Web view.jpg

PB030042 Large Web view.jpg

PB030043 Large Web view.jpg

PB030040 Large Web view.jpg

PB030045 Large Web view.jpg

PB030039 Large Web view.jpg

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
That Horn of Plenty copper piece is really nice....Colonial emblem for a nation of abundance.....the silver pencil is so cool ....I think that is the second one of those pencils you found this past year. WTG Thanks for showing us the cleaned up and closeups!

We salute you!

T

TreasureTales

Thanks for posting the closeups of those great finds. Like the cornacopia item, very cool looking. The mechanical pencil must have been quite the status symbol way back when. The large cent is great. The Merry Widows, well all I can say is I hope they were merry!!! Nice finds, and again thanks for the close up shots.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go too. 8) Ya'll look like you had so much fun! Congrats on those great finds and thanks for the pictures too!!!!!

Nana :)

Oh..and is deer season over for you all up there? I see lots a camo! ;)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds. Yes, I definately see a 1909-S ! ;)

The finds look much nicer cleaned up and with close up pics. That Canadian Large cent is cool. 8)
Glad you all had a good time.

Bob

Dig This

Dec 26, 2005
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Ya we had a blast...It was great meeting new friends. Bill (satchmo) I think had a pretty good time. He really didnt know what to expect as he has only done beach hunts and we take him to the outer reaches of the earth in search of cellar holes..towards the end as we left the last hole we had to hike thru I could hear the comments from him..man am I tired. I hope he can make it back, John said he will be back inb town maybe this weekend and wants to go...we are ready. I was supposed to call Mona Lisa to go I hope she isnt mad..

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great story....great gathering! Thanks for posting the pics and especially the close ups! Kinda gives them that WOW factor! You guys had a really good time.

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread