Revolutionary War Belt Plate Reg. 5?

LuckOfTheIrish

Jan 28, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Revolutionary War Belt Plate Reg. 53 [UPDATED AND NEW PICTURES]

Hey TNET,

So recently I went digging at a site occupied dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War. I found this piece several inches in the ground and immediately knew what I had. The back has the hooked attachment for the buckle. The only problem with this piece is that it looks to have been cut in half. Sadly it is missing its opposite end that should have attached to the belt. But still a great find in my book.

My question for you TNET is can you help me find another example of this plate? What regiment would this have belonged to? And is there any other information out there that you can help me find. I normally don't find Revolutionary War items so this is a new realm of artifacts for me.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry for the blurry picture but that is the best I can do with my cell phone. I can try to get some better pictures.

LOOK BELOW FOR THE NEWEST PICTURES!!

Happy hunting,

LuckOfTheIrish

Attachments

• mms95picture.jpg
    mms95picture.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Upvote 5

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cannot believe this find hasn't gotten more attention. Don't people on this site realize how rare, (and valuable), this piece really is!??:dontknow::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread