Our first outing

dadsonmd

Feb 10, 2013
My son got his metal detector. Went in the back yard. Found a dime from 1940, a couple Capris Sun packs, Taco Bell sauce packets, pop tab. Later they found some quarters, nickels, pennies. The most interesting was a NGP Division Encampment medallion from July 1890. Looked online, very good condition sold on EBay for $21. Still a neat find. He's excited to get back out once the snow goes away here in PA.

Upvote 3

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you're boy is hooked now.cool finds

OP
OP
D

dadsonmd

Feb 10, 2013
image-3327974190.jpg

image-64348021.jpg

image-147309425.jpg
Our first outing

Last edited:

BY Digger

Feb 4, 2013
Latrobe PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett TR Discriminator/Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awsome. I went out with my boy a couple days ago (his first time with a detector) and he loved digging himself. We didn't find anything of value just a few memorial cents. He said he liked working his own detector. I loved the bonding time more than anything cause to me that's priceless.

mike1215

Mar 5, 2013
shenandoah pa
Detector(s) used
its a cheap one. Cabelas Bounty Hunter/Treasure Hunter.I love it! I bought one for my son and love it so much i went and got the same one and found a lot of stuff in only a little over a year of using
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spring is around here somewhere!!!! Great finds and its only gonna get better!!!

OP
OP
D

dadsonmd

Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, it is fun to get out there with him. I'm glad he finally found something that interests him other than the XBox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions