Back to the bottle dump

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
Well today I went back to the "bottle dump" where I originally found the three intact apothecary bottles ( and a cut finger) and was destined to fish out what was left in the ground. I started digging the spot and out comes a muffin tin! old rusted and falling apart. After that I was looking for more of the bottles but all I ended up with is fragments :-\ Oh well. I did find some red glass, a top portion to a sugar bowl and part of the bottom ( fits what I found the last time out). I found this ornate scroll worked piece that I wish was intact because its simply stunning (even if its in a million pieces). What I think I stumbled onto was a burn pile, because I found many pieces of twisted old glass and tons of fragments of china and dinnerware. I'm back there tomorrow to continue my hunt. Hopefully I'll find more bottles!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Hey, glad you went back there and told us about your finds. Have you considered screening the dump? It might hold some great coins. The pix are a little too small to make out the items you mentioned in your post, but I can see some of the flatware. Any of it silver?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Glad you got to go back. That stuff is still so cool to find though. Consider making a shadow box with the better pieces. It would make a real interesting conversation piece.

Happy Hunting,
Moon

OP
OP
detector de metales

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
exanimo redux said:
Keep up the search. Anyone involved in digging in dumps and dirt should get a tetanus booster shot about every five years. Do those college kids there in Madison have activities where they lose coins and jewelry?
Yeah they do but there are certain "rules" about md'n on Campus property. So that's a no-go.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds~

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread