Whats your perspective? A Realistic Look at MDing, with Silver and Wheats
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mangum

Thread: Whats your perspective? A Realistic Look at MDing, with Silver and Wheats

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Apr 2012
    58
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    What's your perspective? A Realistic Look at MD'ing, with Silver and Wheat's

    No we don't always bring home the silver but LOOK as what we do get most of the time. Then we have those days of MD teasing, you know the thought, "the next dig and we got silver", yet it never shows Oh well it's the hobby. The relics keep me going and sometimes the relics are more exciting than the silver. Here is a realistic look at MDing, so don't get discouraged be patient we all dig the garbage. But then that glimmer of silver makes it all worth it.

    Check out my average can slaw and trash metal I accrue over a period of a year as well as copper and brass. I think you will be amazed. I have also put the results my last 3 hunts in this video and compare the silver, wheats and relic takes. Made silver #28 Thursday. Today I need 2 silvers. Gotta get um to reach my goal of 30 for the year.

    The video revels it ALL check it out below:


  2. #2

    Apr 2012
    58
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bamadigtab View Post
    No we don't always bring home the silver but LOOK as what we do get most of the time. Then we have those days of MD teasing, you know the thought, "the next dig and we got silver", yet it never shows Oh well it's the hobby. The relics keep me going and sometimes the relics are more exciting than the silver. Here is a realistic look at MDing, so don't get discouraged be patient we all dig the garbage. But then that glimmer of silver makes it all worth it.

    Check out my average can slaw and trash metal I accrue over a period of a year as well as copper and brass. I think you will be amazed. I have also put the results my last 3 hunts in this video and compare the silver, wheats and relic takes. Made silver #28 Thursday. Today I need 2 silvers. Gotta get um to reach my goal of 30 for the year.

    The video revels it ALL check it out below:

    Just to let everyone know this post is intended to encourage newbies, to let them know a lot of trash is normal, so if anyone wants to contribute to the topic and reveal their trash take to validate this I know it would be an encouragement to alot of people.

  3. #3

    Jan 2013
    176
    44 times
    I dig trash and end up with signals that disappeared as you dig. Yeah its frustrating. I'm still new. I think I dig trash from 6 of 10 holes on average

    fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

  4. #4
    us
    Jul 2012
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
    2,319
    3515 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You don't always find something great, if you did everyone would do it! Personally I enjoy finding an interesting relic with a story behind it than a merc or other newer silver coin. To each his own... HH!
    Michiganne likes this.

  5. #5

    Apr 2012
    58
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mangum View Post
    You don't always find something great, if you did everyone would do it! Personally I enjoy finding an interesting relic with a story behind it than a merc or other newer silver coin. To each his own... HH!
    I agree ..... I love finding silver .... but those unique relics are much more interesting in so many ways!!!! I personally love digging tokens

  6. #6

    Apr 2012
    58
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinmcc View Post
    I dig trash and end up with signals that disappeared as you dig. Yeah its frustrating. I'm still new. I think I dig trash from 6 of 10 holes on average

    fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet
    Yep! most of the time I've found those disappearing signals are either very small items, or very old tin metal that disintegrates once air hits it. I have also discovered that sometimes gofer holes will cause a false even though this is very rare. I dig most of my trash on what I call "iffy" signals, but have also discovered that once in a while I get some good deep silver that way or even Silver that is masked by iron. I always dig those "iffy" signals. I have got some great stuff that way!

  7. #7
    us
    Mar 2007
    SW Michigan
    Explorer SE
    4,394
    539 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice post. I think the forum can give newbies an unrealistic idea of a normal MDing hunt. When I first started on the forum I could not imagine having hunts as good as those pictured. Now I realize that folks only show their worthwhile hunts and the piles of slaw and iron go unpublished (in most cases.) But by learning your machine well, doing research, and getting onto old ground, it is possible to find some impressive stuff.

    Relics rock, too.

    HH
    Listen-- are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?
    - Mary Oliver

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lets be realistic
    By KEVTEC in forum Minelab
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2011, 01:11 AM
  2. Realistic depth of ID with TID machines?
    By BamaBill in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2009, 08:07 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2009, 11:32 PM
  4. Is this cynical or realistic?
    By Immy in forum Precious Metal Prices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2009, 04:54 PM
  5. is this realistic or not
    By strike it rich in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2007, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0