coin-shooting fun

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a local park yesterday with the V3i, just to get to know it and coin-shoot for a bit. I had about 1-2 hours at most. I had it for less than 2 weeks now. I think someone has detected the park before. There are some really big old trees in the park. When I detected around them, I just hit nickels! No other coins. I think someone had them notched out, and they never picked them up. One thing I like about the V3i over the Etrac, still got it like 2 weeks ago, is that it is a LOT easier to pick a nickel out, even an 'iffy' nickel signal, than the Etrac. I don't think I ever hit 6 nickels in a day, and picked them out 'AS' nickels before. I hit the nickels around the trees, but a total of 37 clad coins, mostly in the open areas of the park.
It's fun hitting deep silver, interesting hit relics, and mazing when you nail gold, but somehow... for me... coinshooting is still fun!

Attachments

• 4-1-13 coinage Leets.jpg
    4-1-13 coinage Leets.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 1

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That flower is cool. I agree, I love finding silver and gold, but I'll take all the money I can find.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
I agree, being a full time single dad of a 3 yr old boy. I mainly only get to hit the parks so he can play. But hey I have found 6 gold rings and a gold pendant since mid Dec.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions