UNUSUAL TOKEN FIND IN OKLAHOMA

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I FOUND THIS TOKEN IN THE YARD OF AN OLD COUNTRY SCHOOL FROM THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY THAT IS NOW A CHURCH. I HAVE LOCATED THE SAME TOKEN ON THE INTERNET ON SEVERAL WEBSITES INDICATING IT IS A 1933 WORLDS FAIR TOKEN, BUT NOT TAKING THAT AS GOSPEL. IT IS 32 mm IN DIAMETER AND IS MADE OF COPPER. ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOKEN WOULD BE WELCOMED. NOTE THE SWASTISKA IN THE SWAMI'S CRYSTAL BALL.

Attachments

• DSCF2009.JPG
    DSCF2009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 192
  • DSCF2012.JPG
    DSCF2012.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Upvote 3

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masonic token perhaps? I'm basing my guess on the "all seeing eye" on the token. I know the Masons did produce coins/tokens, but don't know if this is one.

Keep us posted. Nice find.

Anita

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those were good luck tokens - "The term sauwastika (or sauvastika) is sometimes used to distinguish the "left-facing" from the "right-facing" form of the swastika symbol," from wikepedia
its a natural symbol of light, life, health, peace and wealth."

OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your help, I had read about the swastika being a good luck symbol and also symbolizing the sun, but had not thought about which direction the arms are facing having different meanings. Its ironic though if it is from 1933.....the year Hitler came to power as Chancellor of Germany.

Thanks also AC1955. I just happen to be a Mason also...ha ha. although not active.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on the interesting token, which appears to be in fabulous condition! And welcome to t-net too! :icon_thumright: I lived in central Oklahoma for several years long ago, did some rock hounding, mushroom hunting & camping, but hadn't begun detecting then. There's plenty of history in your state, so have fun digging it up! Andi

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sure an unique find for sure.never saw one before.Thanks for sharing

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I have the same token in my collection. Not from the world's fair. It is a 1920's era Good Luck token. There were many different ones during that era. Very popular.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Oklahoma, great place! The Oklahoma National Guard, 45th Infantry Division, used the swastika as their shoulder patch emblem until just before WWII, then changed it to the Thunderbird. The swastika had been used for a long time by the Native Americans before Hitler made it an emblem that is still hated today.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug one of those, but your's is in great condition. Like others have said, it's not masonic and not worlds fair, just a cool old "good luck" token. Congrats on the find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread