Best Silver Finds from the Field of Dreams for 2013, so far...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Best Silver Finds from the Field of Dreams for 2013, so far...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Best Silver Finds from the Field of Dreams for 2013, so far...

It seems lately that this 2,300 acre colonial site has been very kind to me. I've made about 8 trips there so far this year, and 7 of those 8 trips have produced at least 1 good coin(the 1 time I got skunked I was there for 30 minutes before the rain drove me out). Out of my 14 silver coins from the site for the year, here are my 6 favorites:

- Cut Pine Tree Shilling
    - 3-Cent Silver Trime
    - 1786 Spanish 2 Real
    - 178* Spanish Half Real
    - 1882 Canadian Dime
    - 1838 Seated Dime

Silver Coins that didn't make the cut:

1 Barber Quarter
    1 Washington Quarter
    3 Barber Dimes
    3 Mercury Dimes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	779221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	779222  

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1177 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    Superb finds Oxbow..I'm dreaming to find a field like that! Did you find anything other than coins out there?

Apr 2008
    Central Illinois
    Fisher CZ-3D
    954 times
    Dang. Those are some oldies, nice finds.

us
    Apr 2013
    Radio Shack Discovery 2000 Garrett Pro-Pointer
    30 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow! Cool coins.

us
    Mar 2013
    Upstate NY
    whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
    894 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Now that's some sweet silver!!

Quote Originally Posted by relicmeister View Post
    Superb finds Oxbow..I'm dreaming to find a field like that! Did you find anything other than coins out there?
    There is a ton of cool colonial stuff in those fields. I have found hundreds of buttons, lots of buckles, horse tack, musket balls, arrowheads, even 2 human teeth. The Rattlesnake Button from my avatar was found there. I must have 60 pounds of metal in the back of my car to sort through, all from the same site over the last 2 weeks.

Sep 2012
    FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
    298 times
    I tell ya what buddy you're sure finding some very nice things from that place and I believe you'll find many more great finds.keep up the great work.you're doing awesome.
    oxbowbarefoot likes this.

us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    9867 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Great silvers, especially the cut pine tree shilling. Looks like a long span of occupation on that site. When you get a chance, I would like to see some of the coppers, buttons, and other relics your digging there (especially the colonial stuff).

A site like that should keep you busy for a long time. I would hunt every inch of it. And still go back even if I got skunked several times in a row.

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    5240 times
    sweet finds. that pine tree trumps them all

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15424 times
    Nice finds oxbowbarefoot!
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Mar 2013
    25 times
    Awesome. Which of your MD do You take out there. Oh...how I dream of the day.

Apr 2013
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
    104 times
    Great silver there!

Thank's everybody! A few people hunt this site, and everybody finds cool stuff.

Steve, I will happily do a post to highlight some of my colonial finds. Most of the coppers come out of the ground really toasted due to the fertilizer, but sometimes they come out looking fantastic. I will try to create a index of the neatest colonial period items, but it's going to take some time. I'll make a highlights post this week or weekend for you though.

Decdad, I use my XP Deus at this site. I used the AT Pro my first two trips and found my first William III with it after 50 ft on my initial pass. I teach an archeology class to middle and high school students, and the students have found some pretty neat stuff with the Ace 150's the school purchased for them. It's fun, we record all of our old finds, research their age and utility, and the kids get to take home a piece of history.

Bookfisher, I've spent at least 200 hours at this site and maybe covered 5% of it. They till it multiple times a year, and flood waters move items around annually.
    Steve in PA and worldtalker like this.

us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    9867 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxbowbarefoot View Post
    Thank's everybody! A few people hunt this site, and everybody finds cool stuff.

Steve, I will happily do a post to highlight some of my colonial finds. Most of the coppers come out of the ground really toasted due to the fertilizer, but sometimes they come out looking fantastic. I will try to create a index of the neatest colonial period items, but it's going to take some time. I'll make a highlights post this week or weekend for you though.

Decdad, I use my XP Deus at this site. I used the AT Pro my first two trips and found my first William III with it after 50 ft on my initial pass. I teach an archeology class to middle and high school students, and the students have found some pretty neat stuff with the Ace 150's the school purchased for them. It's fun, we record all of our old finds, research their age and utility, and the kids get to take home a piece of history.

Bookfisher, I've spent at least 200 hours at this site and maybe covered 5% of it. They till it multiple times a year, and flood waters move items around annually.
    That is really cool that you are teaching an archaeology class using metal detectors. Wish they had a class like that when I was in high school. But the metal detectors would have been a little Archaeic back then -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links