Very Proud Dad & A Great Hunt For First!!!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a quick hunt with the kids after work yesterday. My 9 year old daughter loves to go and has been trying to find her first wheat cent or silver coin. We get started at an old house and the first target I get is a 1902 V Nickel. She needed help with her first signal, turned out to be a .22 casing. My next coin is an Indian, so the old coins are here. I told her to come over to where I was at and look around the trees. So she ask me to come check a signal she thinks may be a nickel, she uses an ACE 250. I go over to where she is at, which is up under a tree that is more like a bush, I check the signal with my Etrac and it's a good signal but shallow. So we pop the plug and it is a nickel... A SHIELD NICKEL!!!! You would have thought we found gold! She blew past a wheatie :laughing7: I say "luck" had a little to do with it, as she was getting up she spots a huge four leaf clover! :4leafclover: So after high fives, happy dancing & texting pictures to Mom, I get back to business and found another Indian. Not long after that I get a good signal but shallow and I was thinking aluminum. I cut my plug and pull out a big heavy coin at 2". I thought "No way have I just found my first Large Cent!" Yes an 1842 Largie!!! More high fives and happy dancing was done, more pictures to my wife who loves all the old stuff we find! By now it was getting dark and we didn't find any more coins. I think we could have got back home on the cloud we were riding. What a FUN HUNT! HH David

Upvote 16

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow she done great a shield nickel. And also IH pennies and a lc.sweet hunt heck yeah

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all the great comments! My little girl is excited to be able to post her find and she wants to say Thanks! :cat:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call that a perfect day. Awesome post! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions