Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to now, if I find a few coins in one hole or near to each other I've been saying, Pocket spill.

But, today, 90 percent of the pennies in the picture were within a 1 foot circle! Spill? Dump??? ! LOL

IMGA3400.JPG
IMGA3401.JPG
IMGA3402.JPG
IMGA3403.JPG

Even got a nice little surprise today.

IMGA3404.JPG
IMGA3405.JPG

It says 1/10th 10KT

IMGA3406.JPG

Welp, my ride's here again.

Thanks for peeking!

HH!

Upvote 4

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Sounds like someone cleaned out their car and emptied out their ash tray or something. Have found a few areas like that but usually right next to the curb where they
were dumped from a car. Either way it is still fun to find some many that close together. Congrats.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a spot in a park that was old sawdust and it set my machine off like crazy so just to see what the fuss was about i dug a target...coins tons and tons and tons of coins just laying in the sawdust ...i figure it must have been from a fair or event for kids

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a spot in a park that was old sawdust and it set my machine off like crazy so just to see what the fuss was about i dug a target...coins tons and tons and tons of coins just laying in the sawdust ...i figure it must have been from a fair or event for kids

Yeah, I had something similar before this. I started trying to ground balance the machine and couldn't find a clean spot to put the coil down. I dug to make some room and started pulling wheatie after wheatie after wheatie. The ground was FULL of them! LOL

Thanks!

HH!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really have a good huntge for finding all those coins!

Well, there was a LOT of them in that one circle today. But, overall, I'd say yeah, I've been pretty blessed. Still, I don't know how many is a "lot" as far as an average goes. I think it's more that I spend more hours then most. A lot of coins? Yeah. But, for 4 hours? :dontknow: :)

Thanks!
HH!

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check your hole ... when you were done? GREAT FINDS!!!:occasion14:=ED

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there was a LOT of them in that one circle today. But, overall, I'd say yeah, I've been pretty blessed. Still, I don't know how many is a "lot" as far as an average goes. I think it's more that I spend more hours then most. A lot of coins? Yeah. But, for 4 hours? :dontknow: :)

Thanks!
HH!

You should try and research and find a place that use too be a old car wash in the early-mid 20th century! I have hunted some before and have gotten about the same load you have but i hunt mostly colonial/19th century places but I do sometimes go out and try and find fairly modern coins! Good luck dude! :occasion14:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should try and research and find a place that use too be a old car wash in the early-mid 20th century! I have hunted some before and have gotten about the same load you have but i hunt mostly colonial/19th century places but I do sometimes go out and try and find fairly modern coins! Good luck dude! :occasion14:

Well, this hunt and a few others are just my way of getting out. I find it fun to go to a park, school ground, etc that I know will have clad but that also has a fair chance for a surprise or two. I have found some of the most interesting finds in places where one wouldn't normally think they would be found. It's kind of fun. Ya know? :)

But, I also do some serious research too. Such as the mansion I go back to every now and again and the school yard where the ball field isn't where it used to be way back in the 30's. ;) And, just this year I started on a cornfield that has a VERY interesting and varied history!

I've even been known to get wet from time to time and dig a bottle or two too.

So, you see, I'm not limiting much. Today was just a wee bit of fun. ;)

Thanks!

HH!

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congrats and HH!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of clad you got there! i had something similar once, i think it was about 30-40 pennies (1 wheat) that looked like someone whipped a roll at a tree and it exploded onto the ground below. I found all of em within about a 6 foot area of the tree

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FUN that's what maters :thumbsup: It's getting out and digging and finding history= ED

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what percentage was copper? I too found about 30-40 pennies in a 3 foot circle next to a tree. No wheats thought. My half eaten zinc pennies end up in a coffee can that I leave by the curb for the guy who drives around picking up metal in his pick-up on trash day. You should have seen the look on his face the first time he pulled the lid off that coffee can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread