Peru to Colorado in one city. PLUS: *A brush with death!*

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, things have been a little slow lately, with plenty of clad but little in the way of excitement. But I did just find these two far-flung items in Washington, DC. The 1972 Peru 1/2 Sol makes a little sense; I found it on a field where many Central and South American immigrants often play soccer. But what the heck is a 1930s 2-mill Colorado Retail Sales Tax token doing there?

Oh well, I'm happy to have digged it up! Thanks for looking and HH

co1.jpg co2.jpg

PS: I'm happy to be able to write this tonight because early this morning, near the Capitol Building, a US Capitol Police car ran a red light and totaled my car. I am entirely unscathed. The officer had no lights and siren on and immediately took responsibility for the accident once we emerged from our cars. Later, as I was transferring stuff from my car to my girlfriend's car, I pulled out my detector and told another officer on the scene that I'd be willing to settle the entire matter for full, unfettered access to the Capitol grounds. Alas, he just laughed...

olds3.jpg

Upvote 5

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asking the officer for permission to detect, now that was a very good try!

The coins well, maybe its because folks are taking things out of the piggy bank and spending it as things are hard. Nice finds especially the 1930's token. Keep up the good work especially knowing that someone is looking out for your well being....................63bkpkr

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm certainly glad you're ok. Also glad the officer was responsible and honest enough to admit fault. Too bad you couldn't get that exclusive permission!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety of finds there! Glad you didn't get hurt in the accident. Happy Hunting to ya. CARM

OP
OP
rastinirv

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the kind of go-getter attitude required for this hobby in order to be successful. Love it'
:weee:

Next, I'll see if I can manage to get hit by a Uniformed Secret Service police car. White House lawn, here I come!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds.Glad ya didn't get hurt.That would be good hunt there.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it turned out so well for you!

Coulda been worse. He might've said it was all your fault and since it happened so close to the capitol, he was going to confiscate everything in the car so they can check it out. You'll get your detector back in oh, about 6 months if there's no problems. ;)

Just goes to show, do it. AND do "it" NOW!!! Whatever the "it" is for you is unimportant. Just do it now!

Life can change in one, single, solitary heartbeat!

HH!

Last edited:

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Glad you came out of that OK. Sorry about your car. Nice finds and nice effort on getting permission at the Capitol! :icon_thumright:

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are both safe :hello2:. Everything can be replaced, except lives.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, wow! Could have been much worse, thank God you weren't hurt. LOL, yeah, I would have asked the officer the same thing, having been through an ordeal like that...well, what's to fear after that? Nice coins by the way! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread