Humbling find at colonial cellar hole

tj.cama

Jan 2, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I went back to my family farm which has about 1900 acres to one of the largest cellar holes on it. I have been told that at this particular foundation, the British during the Revolutionary War, locked relatives of my family in the house and burnt it down. I found this item today in the cellar hole and was immediately brought over with a sense of sorrow. When I got home, I looked up the hallmark inside of the ring, which dates it to 1763 and I have reason to believe is most likely from one of my late relatives.

I'm sharing this because of the historical significance and was very apprehensive to writing this. Please be respectful in your responses. Thank you.

970038_10151705923600817_214949834_n.jpg Photo3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all who have followed this post, the next couple weeks I will be vigilantly going through the site. I will keep y'all posted with what I find.

Tj I would stand in that celler hole and pray to your relative's tell them who you are and that you are there to save their history. I would detect and sift as if It were an archeological dig. Fait has tasked you with this great Honor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread