Gold, Silver Wing, Buffalo, War Nickel Etc.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Gold, Silver Wing, Buffalo, War Nickel Etc.

These finds are from 3 different hunts. Two hunts occurred on Friday night and the other hunt was yesterday. The first hunt on Friday night produced what looks like the part of a cross that is marked .925. The other notable find is this silver .925 bracelet.

The second hunt on Friday night produced this gold crucifix which is missing the bail. The bale must have held the gold mark, lots of Mexican and Taiwan jewelry have bale marks. It looks to be a white gold crucified Jesus and a yellow gold cross. This park has so much clad I stopped hunting because it was getting late and I was tired. I intended to go back early the next morning but I didn’t.

Yesterday’s hunt netted me a sterling silver wing badge, 1 buffalo nickel, a 1945 war nickel and 11 wheat’s.

HH
PS
Hey I'm a Mechanic not an Author.

Attachments

• SIlver Broken Cross 925.JPG
    SIlver Broken Cross 925.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 954
  • SIlver 925 Marks.JPG
    SIlver 925 Marks.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,771
  • VM Cross White Gold Crusifix and Yellow Cross.JPG
    VM Cross White Gold Crusifix and Yellow Cross.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 957
  • VM Cross White Gold Crusifix and Yellow Cross 2.JPG
    VM Cross White Gold Crusifix and Yellow Cross 2.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,904
  • VM Cross No Bale Maik and Clad.JPG
    VM Cross No Bale Maik and Clad.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 948
  • Sat 925 Silver WIng Find.JPG
    Sat 925 Silver WIng Find.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 938
  • WIng Badge.JPG
    WIng Badge.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,042
  • Sat Finds Buff Nickle and War Nickle.JPG
    Sat Finds Buff Nickle and War Nickle.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,723
  • Sat Finds Buff Nickle and War Nickle and Wheats.JPG
    Sat Finds Buff Nickle and War Nickle and Wheats.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 905
  • Sat Finds.JPG
    Sat Finds.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,211
Upvote 0

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gold, Silver Wing, Buffalo, War Nickel Etc.

Ant, Real nice job. Those are some great finds. I don,t think you left anything.

Ed D.

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo

8) Wow there Antman, what great pictures of a mess of treasures you have there buddy. 8) By the diversity of very interesting targets shown in your pics, I'm guessing that your disc. settings are fairly low, like where I usually have mine runnin'? The little odds and ends, (so well depicted in your photo's) which are all different shapes and compositions, provide the mystery hits for us, and sometimes, some Very Kool surprises . ;) It's my personal belief that lots of folks who work in various "auto pilot" modes, esp. with a new machine they don't know too well yet, would have interpreted most of those tiny treasures of your's as, perhaps, a silent area, a bad target, nothing, a possible pull tab, possibly a zincey, a steel bobby pin, too scratchy, or who knows what? Folks have to do what you are showing them (through your splendid photo's) to do right here. ??? Yup, that is correct, gentle reader, you must dig more AND more different targets on your hunt's, or your just not gettin' the most out of your searches. :-X Get to know that beautiful machine of your's boys. ;) ;D Then we can all look @ YOUR kool finds on your personal posts, in here too. ::) :o ;D 8)

My friend Stefen, you are way too modest, buddy! 8)

stefen said:
"Hey I'm a Mechanic not an Author".

Done good.

I think there's more than a few of your readers, who like me, have seen your word-mechanix, gettin' better each time out of your tool box, good bud! ;) Bin there, done that etc, so I know, the more we "wrench" anything we like in life, the Better we will all become at it. 8) Fact! ;) Keep up the great sweepin' and please keep teachin' us all, the way you do, Mr. Stefen! We loves it, friend! :D ;)

Oh Antbuddy, 8) did ya get your kaput switch, un-kaputed yet ??? Is that the one on yer CoolCortez? Man, sucks when we get hit with an equipement malfunction, out there in the field, no matter what flavor they can appear in. :( Yup, just as fast as the fun begun, it's done. :( Yes sir, shut down, tail between our legs, so to speak, and draggin' our sad butts homewards. :P A few of your readers can relate to that sort of thing, I'm sure. ;D >:( ;D Just when you were on a roll too. ::) Oh well, we gotta move forward and fix what ever it is to get back in the game, asap., eh? ;) So did ya tweak yer rig back to life yet or do you need any help or whatever to get it fixed? Pls advise. 8)

That 2 Peso coin from Mexico, sure looks purdy and a neat find but what, on to-day's Crazy monetary sys., would this be worth? 10 cents? 1 usd? 1 1/4 CnD? I have NO idea, so please enlighten MM and myself, at least, on that note, too. 8)

kookykanuk

lb

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would be happy to just find one of those of the following. The buffolo, the war nick or one of the gold crosses.

WTG, Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Thanks again.

HI Larrybass. You're very observant. I only dig non-furious targets but I start digging iffy signals when I start finding keepers. You're giving away tradesecrets, jk.

HH

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those were very productive hunts! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread