Dug so many false $1 signals till this...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug and given up on so many $1 signals in my yard with my ace 250 that it was getting very old. Then I get another dollar signal at 4 inches and I am wondering if that junk is going to fit in my nail apron I use to put my finds in. I cut a round plug out with my 13 inch knife and turn the plug over and see the edge of a dollar size looking coin with ridges. Even though I have only found one silver dollar in 30 years I sure was hoping....It says Florida Pool Products with a treasure chest on that side and has a face of an old pirate on the other. DANG IT!!! If anyone could tell me how old this button is I sure would be grateful. Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,272
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,136
  • IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,130
Upvote 5

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the exact same token on a sports field...at least it's a pirate...arrrgh. We've been finding similar buttons down here in Houston...I found one identical to it. The ones we're finding appear to be from 1915-1920.

HH!
TBGO

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this on the web:

Florida Pool Products

This is a piece for a diving game where kids scatter these tokens along the bottom of a pool and then dive for them. I purchased a bag of these at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. They come in a variety of colors.

Attachments

• florida pool.jpg
    florida pool.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,095

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know what you mean Dang...Last weekend at my buddie's house(1890),pulled up what I thought was going to be silver,ended up being my first Kennedy half....Dang It!!!....It's all Good....Great "lookin" button!!!!

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone could tell me how old this button is I sure would be grateful. Thanks a bunch.
[/quote]

Hey brother! Did you find that button in your yard too? It looks pretty old. I am still dying to get down there to detect with you. After Dad has the surgery on his ear maybe we both can come dig with you. :D

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
TENNESSEEGAL said:
If anyone could tell me how old this button is I sure would be grateful. Thanks a bunch.

Hey brother! Did you find that button in your yard too? It looks pretty old. I am still dying to get down there to detect with you. After Dad has the surgery on his ear maybe we both can come dig with you. :D
[/quote]

You can date the button if you find the back half and ID the manufacturer- they still make them - yours is definitely old!
Too bad about the pool token - I wish you found a dollar too!
1,500 pulltabs for every gold ring; don't know how many of those you have to dig before you get your dollar!
WTG!!

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
still a nice find, the next one will be a dollar

1,500 pulltabs for every gold ring

I thought it was only 1000 darn, now its 600 more...

HH
Joe

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sorry its not your Silver dollar but hopefully it still gave you that "rush".. I love the anticipation when I'm making a dig.

Best of luck and HH

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I Found this last week. I thought it was a colonial copper, turned out to be a 1972 Kennedy. I have dug colonials before, but this was my first half. It came less than a week after my first dollar coin (1973 Ike).

Attachments

• ken.jpg
    ken.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 884

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
there should be a bill pass that will outlaw all of them there tokens!!!!!lol ;D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yeah.....that would've ticked me off too! I have mixed feelings about tokens.....they definitely get your blood pumping though! Better luck next time!

HH,
Moon

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's a nice BIG token. Now you can start your token-jar, because it won't be the last one you find either.

The button looks very old. Your yard is coughing up some interesting finds. Keep going! ;)

Ridley

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nice Button find, I'm sorry you didn't find that elusive Silver Dollar. I found one a couple weeks ago. It is my 3rd silver dollar I've found, but those three took me 23 years to find. Keep hunting, I wish I knew where you lived and could come down and help you with your detector. Can't for the life of me, figure out why your getting so many Dollar readings. Maybe you just have a lot of hot rocks in your area.

I posted a few of my finds from today, my partner's finds are alos posted. We both use a ACE 250 with a SunRay Probe.

Best of luck, in the futrue.

HH<Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread