Ocean City finds

troy5rings

Jul 3, 2013
New here. On vacation at Chincoteague Island. I was planning to do some MD on the beaches here, but found out it wasn't allowed. I used this site to find info on other locations and saw it was ok to MD on Ocean City beaches. Family went shopping and I hit the beach in the afternoon. Found some coins and a torn $10 bill away from the crowds. Decided to hit a local bar for a few beers and go out later. Lucky me, it rained and chased people off the beach. I went out to an empty beach at 6:45 pm and detected for a couple of hours where the crowds sit. My photo shows my White metal detector worked just fine. Loves quarters! Found some as deep as 10-12". This is my first time hitting a beach...no beaches in my hometown in central Pa. I only covered an area about 150' x 60' to find this. A couple of folks came up to chat with me and see what I found. Some TV crew also video taped me metal detecting. All and all, a great first time on the beach. I wouldn't have tried it without finding info on this site. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-1318132689.jpg
    image-1318132689.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Any silver coins in there?

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. Hope you had fun. Welcome to Tnet!

Treasurecoast1715

Jul 3, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! Ocean City is a cool place, used to go there as a kid.

OP
OP
troy5rings

troy5rings

Jul 3, 2013
I'd liked to note that I'm profoundly (completely) deaf. My White detector has a visual display but I try to pick out items by feeling the vibrations on my detector. I see a lot of people that talk about the various sounds, but I find all my stuff by feel. Might be a little tougher, but I've had some success.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd liked to note that I'm profoundly (completely) deaf. My White detector has a visual display but I try to pick out items by feeling the vibrations on my detector. I see a lot of people that talk about the various sounds, but I find all my stuff by feel. Might be a little tougher, but I've had some success.

I would think the VDI numbers would help a lot too. Do they?

OP
OP
troy5rings

troy5rings

Jul 3, 2013
Yes the display is a plus. I feel it and then look at the display which gives me an idea of what the detector may be picking up. My White detector seems to be fairly accurate with clad quarters and loves them. I find a lot of quarters. The display uses a pointer symbol that will point to foil, rings, pull tabs and coins. I'm learning to work with it, but it's tough if there is multiple targets in that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread