Amulet help...

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20130609_194037.jpg IMG_20130609_193911.jpg . 20130128_192711.jpg . Here is a Amulet I found , near a pile of rocks. I think it might be Tibetan. Hand made silver, the middle gold looking stuff I don't think it's gold, has small pits in it, what kind of gold colored metal does that. In the center part there is carvings or writing, a fork looking thing. Thanks Justintime...8-)

Upvote 1

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help you on the ID but it's a nice find!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find Justintime. I love it - learn something everyday here. FWIW (I can't be the only one that had to look it up!) - An amulet (Latin amuletum) can be any object but its most important characteristic is its alleged power to protect its owner from danger or harm...More...

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The writing does not look Tibetan... See, Tibetan text has lots of flares and marks around the text like so--> Tibeten text.jpg See the picture ?
That's Tibetan text... I think your piece is maybe Chinese or some type of Asian Piece. I lived in India and stayed with the Tibetans for 6 months. :hello2:
It kinda looks Tibetan, :icon_scratch: I still could be wrong somehow, I often am... :BangHead:
Keep @ it and HH !!

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking lice. I'd bet the middle is brass.

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The writing does not look Tibetan... See, Tibetan text has lots of flares and marks around the text like so--> View attachment 823137 See the picture ?
That's Tibetan text... I think your piece is maybe Chinese or some type of Asian Piece. I lived in India and stayed with the Tibetans for 6 months. :hello2:
It kinda looks Tibetan, :icon_scratch: I still could be wrong somehow, I often am... :BangHead:
Keep @ it and HH !!
. Could be ,Chinese. I showed it to a friend of mine, he said the EI,around the edge , means, Enlightened One. Thanks Justintime

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking lice. I'd bet the middle is brass.

Could be brass ,does brass pit like that, it doesn't turn green,just darkens, thanks Justintime

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Could be ,Chinese. I showed it to a friend of mine, he said the EI,around the edge , means, Enlightened One. Thanks Justintime

Both Chinese,Tibetan and many other cultures believe in Enlightenment. I did find one on Ebay with a similar edge but different center design that's claiming to be Tibetan. So again I could be wrong, idk.

Keep @ it and HH !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kool Mud, if you can find out,let me know, Thanks

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The fork carving is in the middle, looks like a Neptune spear, and were the light from flash on center piece, there is a crescent moon. Thanks Justintime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread